Author Topic: Asrock ION 330 wireless and remote control don't work  (Read 4986 times)

Farmboy

• View Profile
Asrock ION 330 wireless and remote control don't work
« on: January 26, 2014, 05:40:05 am »
I am hoping someone will be able to help me out with my installation of LinuxMCE 10.

Everything works great except the built in wireless and the remote control.
I'd like to use the wireless to connect (wirelessly) to my 3G wireless modem to give the Hybrid Core access to the internet, but can't seem to get it to turn on. Has anyone solved this problem?

My other problem is the remote control. I thought LIRC was installed as part of the LMCE install, but when it didn't work 'out of the box', I added a Microsoft MCE remote control, but it still doesn't work. At the moment I use a keyboard for control, but until I get the remote and wireless working the WAF is too low to put it in the living room.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers
Paul

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Asrock ION 330 wireless and remote control don't work
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 04:07:11 am »
I would suggest trying LinuxMCE 12.04, and then talking either here in the forum, or on #linuxmce in irc.freenode.net on IRC, so we can help get this resolved. There hasn't been very much maintenance on the LIRC_DCE driver, and we need to make sure to get this working for most transcievers, again.

Can you tell me what you have for your IR transciever, and what the USB ID is etc, so that we can determine if a device template needs to be made for it?

-Thom

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 02:55:18 pm »
As to the wireless... I am not sure what you have done thus far. Does it show up in lspci? You are using an ION as a core? That is not a great idea. I mean... it will probably work, but... as you add responsibilities and moons... that is going to be hairy.

One of my first posts here was how to use a WIFI card as the external interface.
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,9530.msg65315.html#msg65315

Ahh so green...
I never quit... I just ping out.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:58 pm »
For wireless connectivity, perhaps this site can also help you:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/debian-linux-wpa-wpa2-wireless-wifi-networking/

Anton

Farmboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:20:17 am »
Thanks guys,
That gives me something to try. Still learning and the Asrock is just a test bed.

I also recently bought one of these for $15

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=360564023952&view=all&tid=497235358023

The gyro mouse side works really well, so I won't bother with the Asrock MCE remote.

My problem is how to assign function to the buttons on it?

The OK button seems to work, but not unexpectedly the other buttons don't.

I'm thinking a new device template is needed and I don't think I have the skills to do it, but I'd be more than happy to donate one of these remotes to anyone that would.

Cheers
Paul

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 04:51:29 pm »
You can pay me, or I can work through it over IRC for free and teach you how to make them yourself... your call.
I never quit... I just ping out.