Author Topic: 12.04 install, can't see or hear her  (Read 2909 times)

paenian

• View Profile
12.04 install, can't see or hear her
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:27:00 pm »
In the initial avwizard, the graphics overlay test worked, and so did the music once I'd selected the right card.  Afterwards, I see the buttons and such around the orbiter gen, but no audio and just a black box for video.

Checking the logs (and I may not be checking the right ones...), there are some oddities, but no errors - the xine player is cycling, and the 21_LaunchOrbiter.sh.log 'Could not find text object: 670'

I'm not planning to use the core as a display, so I'm just moving on with the install.  I'd really like to get a handle on how linuxmce operates (which logs to check, etc) so I'm spending more time debugging than I probably need to.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,
Paul

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: 12.04 install, can't see or hear her
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 06:09:06 pm »
I have been rewriting all of the detection/install stuff for audio/video. I broke it pretty terrifically but believe it is working now. I need to know what snapshot you used... and please give me the output of lspci -nnk | grep VGA -A4

I don't believe the latest changes are packaged yet... and I am going to assume this is nvidia... as that is what I broke the best.

Code: [Select]
cd ~/
sudo -i
wget http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac/export/28580/trunk/src/BootScripts/VideoDetectSetup
wget http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac/export/28580/trunk/src/BootScripts/nvidia-install.sh
chmod +x ./nvidia-install.sh
cp ./VideoDetectSetup /usr/pluto/bin
cp ./nvidia-install.sh /usr/pluto/bin
I never quit... I just ping out.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 06:38:27 pm »
The latest snapshot always has all the updates that are in the SVN repo.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 07:19:01 pm »
The latest snapshot always has all the updates that are in the SVN repo.

That was why I asked what snap he was on. What I meant was I did not know if the pluto-boot-scripts package had been requested too early to contain the latest changes, so this might not be fixed with just an upgrade. It looks at first blush as though it does...  so before wgetting, he might just try an apt-get update; apt-get upgrade.

Cheers.
I never quit... I just ping out.