Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 287447 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #480 on: March 03, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »
The qOrbiter skins and bin are currently in a state of flux. *I* had success with the TV remote to control my LinuxMCE with VDR successfully yesterday with qOrbiter. Not everything is setup yet, but things already look good. Maybe MythTV is sending DataGrid information different than VDR. I don't know.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2015, 09:01:37 pm »
I remember reading something about datagrid related issues with mythtv a while ago....perhaps that's the case. I guess, I will have be a bit patient some more :-)

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 04, 2015, 11:41:53 pm »
When playing media and restarting qorbiter, it is not possible to access the remote for playback anymore...the icon of the playing media is not being displayed, only text and the playtime is visible.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 12, 2015, 07:50:01 pm »
Hmmm...it seems qorbiter doesn't like me anymore...it displays only a white screen and then ends...

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 13, 2015, 02:40:54 am »
Same here with latest android build in channel topic.

-Thom

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 26, 2015, 11:54:09 am »
Since qorbiter5 doesn't seem rework, I tried qorbiter4, but that is just the same.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 26, 2015, 09:59:31 pm »
Hello to All,
Im testing it on a Samsung S4.  It appears to be working but my screen is messy, only boxes with oversize text, like if skins are not working.
I could humble suggest to update the wiki page because by reading this post, is that I realized that skins are loaded by using apt-get, (wiki page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Orbiter)
How to I get the skings working, or at least get the text with a readable size?
Cheers,
Tompin
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:01:14 pm by tompin2 »

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 28, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »
Is there something I can do to get qorbiter5 to work? I've grown quite a bit dependent on it, but it's only showing this white screen an crashes on me  :'(

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 29, 2015, 05:14:11 am »
qorbiter is in a lot of flux at the moment as many skin transitions are happening to better support all device types.  All lmce repositories were updated over the weekend.  Update any skins on the core and grab the new .apk from the core as well, try it out.  Let me know if you have any issues doing this part.  :)  Thanks!

J.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:56 pm »
Got it, done it, working :-) except mythtv still can't be controlled  :'(

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 30, 2015, 03:26:44 pm »
Hi,

Mine is working, havent test it full yet.  Here is a screenshot.  Let me know what can I do to help on testing!

Cheers,

T

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #491 on: April 30, 2015, 04:28:59 pm »
Im very sorry for being so MIA as of late. Work, Life, etc has left me with little time to keep folks up to date on the happenings of development.

*Last month has been spent converting from networks skins (problematic on multiple levels) to an new way of doing things. Basically, users wont half to be part techie to update their skins. Skins will be in the application from now on.

That means that if you have recently grabbed Qorbiter for android, you should already have them on your device. I am working on the remote screens now before I make it the default.

There is a setting which will allow you to choose if you want the internal vs external.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLY8r7uR4YI This video shows how to change back and forth.

Maverick: mythtv screen isnt in there yet, but the live tv screen is. That means that when i get back from my biz trip, I can enable the mythtv screen as its basically the same as the livetv.

Thanks again to you intrepid users who are so patient. It really is helpful even if it seems like nobody is listening to your issues / responding.

And now for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh3CsehIgIY
*note the ios version is using the internal skins.

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 10, 2015, 09:52:32 pm »
Im very sorry for being so MIA as of late. Work, Life, etc has left me with little time to keep folks up to date on the happenings of development.

*Last month has been spent converting from networks skins (problematic on multiple levels) to an new way of doing things. Basically, users wont half to be part techie to update their skins. Skins will be in the application from now on.

That means that if you have recently grabbed Qorbiter for android, you should already have them on your device. I am working on the remote screens now before I make it the default.

There is a setting which will allow you to choose if you want the internal vs external.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLY8r7uR4YI This video shows how to change back and forth.

Maverick: mythtv screen isnt in there yet, but the live tv screen is. That means that when i get back from my biz trip, I can enable the mythtv screen as its basically the same as the livetv.

Thanks again to you intrepid users who are so patient. It really is helpful even if it seems like nobody is listening to your issues / responding.

And now for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh3CsehIgIY
*note the ios version is using the internal skins.

-Langston

Hi,  I din't seem to work for me which version is the one you are using on that youtube video?, it looks different than mine.  Im using the one I get from the webadmin.  If I download the one is on your link, I get the white background and that's it!. 
Version from my webadmin : qt5a1-gl, but is says debug at the installer.  Yours is the same, but after it says loading, I get a white screen and that's it!
The debug version does not show that skin option, can I change it manually at the xml?

Cheers,

T

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #493 on: May 13, 2015, 05:47:53 pm »
looking into this issue.

Try this nightly for your trouble. (its been tested on a bunch of things about 5 min before this post)
!! Uninstall previous qorbiter before installing this or you will get an error when trying to install !!
!!This includes the Linuxmce directory on your SD card!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1RFRQAhgTjKSXFBdzVfRHhQSW8/view?usp=sharing

thanks for your patience.
golgoj4
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:00:06 pm by golgoj4 »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 14, 2015, 05:58:05 am »
Hi Golgoj4,

It worked perfectly!!!!.  Please, let me know how can I help more.  Really appreciated your dedicated time!.

Cheers,

T