Author Topic: Sandy Bridge Sound Only Not Working  (Read 3825 times)

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
Sandy Bridge Sound Only Not Working
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:47:58 pm »
There is an issue with sandy bridge boards using a video card and the native sound not working.

I have been resolving this by building a new Alsa driver 1.0.25.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Sandy Bridge Sound Only Not Working
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 02:46:36 pm »
That is probably going to be your best bet. I have added sandy bridge support only as an experiment for GPU... as you have installed your own GPU that process is not occurring. Sandy?Ivy bridge is officially unsupported hardware... and what I am doing to get it to go includes a kernel upgrade (Natty Backport). If myth .25 is just magic for that, then it is the best solution. What I would do, were I you, is load up without any gpu at all, then install the GPU once I got everything going and see how that works out.
I never quit... I just ping out.

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 04:49:08 pm »
What I would do, were I you, is load up without any gpu at all, then install the GPU once I got everything going and see how that works out.
Ok, I will do that. By no GPU do you mean just the PCI card?

I will also try to upgrade my current setup, which has the 1.0.25 driver, then try and replace the driver again and see what happens. Upgrading now removes my audio. Or it did a bit back.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:42:36 am »
Ok, I will do that. By no GPU do you mean just the PCI card?

I will also try to upgrade my current setup, which has the 1.0.25 driver, then try and replace the driver again and see what happens. Upgrading now removes my audio. Or it did a bit back.

Sandy bridge processors typically have an embedded GPU, which is what I am looking for to install stuff on. It was an attempt to keep us quasi current on the gpus of the world... I wasn't really thinking about the architecture beyond that.

I mean with the onboard GPU. If your MOBO doesn't have a head, then it doesn't matter... but I am referring to onboard graphics ONLY... no PCI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Bridge_(microarchitecture)#List_of_Sandy_Bridge_processors
I never quit... I just ping out.

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:22:26 am »
The MOBO has a head so I will pull the card, re-install and report back.