Author Topic: Help with RAID  (Read 3072 times)

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Help with RAID
« on: October 30, 2012, 02:22:39 pm »
Hi All,
I had a problem with my RAID array last night where a couple of my drives just disappeared. I went and unplugged and re-plugged in all the drives and now they show up. I had to do a "mdadm --create" to get the drives back in the array for some reason. In any event, the array now shows up in the web admin as "OK" with 4 drives. The problem now is that the XFS file system seems borked. I get I/O errors when I try to write to the array, but it reads fine. It appears I need to unmount the RAID array and run xfs_repair, but when I do a "umount -f /mnt/device/163" it appears that the array is still mounted. Is LinuxMCE remounting the array after a umount? If so, how do I umount it so I can run xfs_repair?

Rob

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Help with RAID
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 06:23:14 pm »
dothedog,

mark the device disabled in web admin, and unmount it manually. It should not remount it.

LinuxMCE automatically mounts and unmounts drives it knows about.

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 04:29:36 am »
Posde,
Thanks for the response. So I went to the web admin, advanced->configuration->RAID->advanced and at the bottom of the Device Info section check "disabled", hit save. Go to a terminal do "sudo umount -f /dev/md0" run "sudo mount" and /dev/md0 is still showing as mounted. Am I doing something wrong?

Rob

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:28:20 pm »
check if md0 is in fstab. If it is, remove it. After that reboot. And it /should/ stay unmounted. If it does not, and you need to run fsck I would boot with a live cd.

dothedog

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:17:59 pm »
Well, I booted into a live cd and the xfs_repair failed. Bummer. So I guess I am rebuilding from scratch.

Thanks for the help Posde!

Rob