Author Topic: 810 Final - Email Setup Not Working - HELP!!  (Read 2489 times)

Bobcatt

• View Profile
810 Final - Email Setup Not Working - HELP!!
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:44 pm »
Hey,

I recently reinstalled my LinuxMCE core, but I can't get the email setup to work no matter what I do. (I want to be able to get my voicemail and alerts sent to my email address like I had setup before)

I've reinstalled 4 times since, and tried everything I could find on this forum and the wiki to try and get email working.

Things I've tried:
Setting up email via web admin, Email Setup -> Gmail -> entered credentials. I usually
get a few screens of text and the last line is a TLS error about the engine not being available when I hit update.

I tried setting my gmail address as "other". It will usually save (without giving me pages of code at the top) but still nothing.

I've tried manually installing Mailx, tried manually running the configure_postfix_interactive.sh.
I've tried different gmail and hotmail addresses.
(also tried doing each of these in different orders after fresh installs to see if that made a difference)

I don't recall it being this hard to get working the last time. I thought I was using the same ISO file as last time, but i'm not sure. Last time I thought it just worked.

Anyone else seeing this? (it appears from the forum that no one else is having this kind of issue). Can anyone recommend a different snapshot to try? or a solution?

Thanks,

Bobcatt

Bobcatt

• View Profile
Re: 810 Final - Email Setup Not Working - HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:36:01 pm »
Well I re-downloaded, re-burned 810 final iso. Seemed to work for a bit, then stopped, then I tried updating the certificates or something. Now it's working.

So.. no idea why it didn't work before. Problem solved.