Author Topic: Everyone read please, info for bittorrent users  (Read 4887 times)

Isane

• First post!
    • View Profile
Everyone read please, info for bittorrent users
« on: March 25, 2007, 06:33:10 am »
I'm sure webpaul1 appreciates us trying to get the iso out by creating a torrent for it before he was able to recover from the Digg story; but for anyone who is seeding or downloading the old torrent can you stop, delete it, and start the new and correct torrent for the iso that was just posted. This way everyone will be on the same page. thanks :)

NEW torrent here
http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3646881/linuxmce-1.0-packages.iso.3646881.TPB.torrent

sandos

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone read please, info for bittorrent users
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:33:52 am »
So the old torrent (with a filename of linuxMCE.iso, size 681.48 MiB) should be deleted?

This new has linuxmce-1.0-packages.iso, 675.76MiB. What exactly is the difference? Any posts that explains it?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:36:07 am by sandos »

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 07:49:25 am »
I have to admit I don't know what's in the old torrent.  I was still getting the server up when the Digg story hit; I worked on a live server because I figured nobody knew the URL and it wouldn't matter.  (doh, won't do that again).  The old torrent was a nightly build snapshot that I hadn't tested.  Theoretically it should word because there were only minor changes, but it's much better if everyone uses the 'real' one so that if bug reports are submitted we know what version they're against.

sandos

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:56:22 am »
Oh well, I'm seeding both now. The old one wit 1kb/s, the new one with 900kb/s.

cameljon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:35:39 pm »
You should sticky this.