Author Topic: 8.10 - Skylink Insteon Motion Sensor 2420M gets deleted after router reload  (Read 3911 times)

essem_9

• Regular Poster
  • Fascinated by LMCE
    • View Profile
Hello Everyone,
I have an Insteon PLM and light dimmer successfully installed and functioning. Decided to get a Skylink Insteon Motion Sensor (2420M) in the mix. Followed the manual to ensure it is software controllable and linked to the PLM.

Was hoping it would get automatically detected. Since it was not detected, i added a "Motion Sensor" template manually and gave the Insteon address (14.BC.30) in the "Port/Channel Number" field. In the PLM logs i can see the address of sensor show up. On tripping the sensor there are a bunch of logs that scroll by.

On the core's on screen orbiter, under Pending Tasks i can see its downloading "General Info Plugin". After router reload the devices seems deleted from the core.

Any thoughts on this behavior? I did see a post from 2009 but there was no resolution mentioned other than contacting someone. I am attaching the PLM logs. Sensor address is 14.BC.30. Unfortunately I am not conversant with the reading the logs, hopefully will pick it up soon.

twodogs

• Guru
    • View Profile
I'm curious if you figured this out. I'm still trying to make sense of Insteon, but I had a light switch that deleted itself. It only worked after I cross linked the devices (switch to PLM, then PLM to switch).
http://greenrenovation.wordpress.com/home-automation/
system:
ASUS P5N7A-VM
integrated GeForce 9300
E5200 processor
Fusion 5 lite HDTV card
2G RAM
SYBA SY-PCI15001 6-port serial card
Denon AVR 3805
LG 42" Plasma
Gyration GYR3101
Cisco SPA3102 analog telephone adapter
Cisco 7971G IP phone/orbiter

essem_9

• Regular Poster
  • Fascinated by LMCE
    • View Profile
Hello twodogs,
I did try it on my 10.04 system which I haven't updated in a while. It had the same behavior. Waiting for the final release and will reinstall the system and test it out.

Regards,
Shiv