Author Topic: Subscription Internet Radio Services (Sirius Satellite Radio)  (Read 3396 times)

slapshot

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Subscription Internet Radio Services (Sirius Satellite Radio)
« on: August 18, 2008, 02:53:35 am »
Is there any interest in using LinuxMCE to stream music from subscription on-line radio services?
I for one, would like to use my Sirius on-line subscription to eventually stream music through out my house from the Core / Hybrid.
I have seen that others have been successful in using the USB/UIRT to control a Sirius receiver connected as an AV item, but I don't want to purchase additional equipment when I can use the internet.
I have searched the wiki and forums to see if this is possible, but it is only for internet radio and not paid services like Sirius. I know that there is a plug-in extension for Firefox but I have not gotten it that to work since Firefox updated to version 3.0. I would rather see this as part of the Media menu on the UI than going to Firefox. If I had the know-how, I would happily contributes, but this is way beyond my depth. I would imagine that this would take a lot of work from coders and the development team to add in the login window and verification like the Firefox add-on. If there are no takers here, it will be a while before I can scrounge up some cash for the "Help Wanted" forum.

~John
Core/Hybrid:
Asus M2NPV-VM w/ AMD Athlon 64 x2 4600+
2 GB Ram, 40 GB Quantum Fireball HDD
WinTV PVR-150 Tuner
Philips 42" Plasma Television
Wiimote

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Subscription Internet Radio Services (Sirius Satellite Radio)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 03:01:34 am »
The system can certainly support it. aaron.b did a lot of work in February to support multiple media sources from within the media browser, and a player/plugin could be created to handle the media type.

Anyone who wants to code it, just do it. :)

-Thom