Author Topic: Lost in ATI HDMI land  (Read 7359 times)

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Lost in ATI HDMI land
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 02:21:50 am »
Can you give me the output of
Code: [Select]
cat /etc/X11/xorg.con* | grep Driver
and if this page bumps, I edited my last post so do that as well.

I would also try and use 6stack-dig as the model with the previous steps... and if not that, try auto.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:37:13 am by l3mce »
I never quit... I just ping out.

bret

• View Profile
Re: Lost in ATI HDMI land [SOLVED]
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 04:22:25 am »
Finally I got it to WORK!!!!!!!!

in the end it was a combination of things you and someoneelse posted./....... someone posted to disable the onboard audio (seems counter intutitive) but after that it worked in the AVWizzard and I was able to complete LinuxMCE.....  now I have to copy my media back.....

e warned I may need more help, I ave a MD that I want to setup with onboard Nvidia and I havent been able to get the onboard audio over digital (SPDIF)...

Thanks again for helping me L3mce (I owe you several beers if we meet in person)!!

Bret

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 04:34:44 am »
Glad you are up and running...

Can you tell me what line you ended up with in alsa-base.conf and if you installed alsa-modules-xxx?
I never quit... I just ping out.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 04:13:18 pm »
Ok Im narrowing this down, I have isolated my sound issue to I think the fact that root can use audio but my user cant  when I login as my user to KDE (startx) I dont have any audio but when I loginto KDE as root (using sudo su) i have audio.  This is starting to look like a permissions issue to me.  does anyone know what user is used to run LMCE and the AVWizard?  Is it the user I setup whenI installed Kubuntu?

Again if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Thank you,

Bret

Add your username to the 'audio' group in the file /etc/groups and your user will have access to all the same audio functions and capabilities as root does.

HTH.

J.