Author Topic: Supported hardware  (Read 12474 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Supported hardware
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:28:18 pm »
Hello!
I'm planning my first Pluto install and I am wondering about hardware on which it would work as much effortlessly as possible. I want to deploy  1 Core   + 1 Media Director. I already have pretty powerfull fileserver with Core 2 Duo processor and 2,3 TB raid 6 array. Now I just want to add 2 dvb-t cards to the fileserver and install pluto throuh Xen virtualization on the same machine. As media director I would like to use mac mini as it is very compact and at an affordable price. Will this configuration work? And which dvb-t cards (available in Europe) work best? I have one dvb-t card that I use in computer with Myth TV, but this card can tune all multiplexes only with kernel 2.6.17 and up, and pluto uses kernel 2.6.16. Thanks for any suggestions, links, experiences.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Supported hardware
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 10:20:51 am »
i use a skystart 1 dvb card and works fine
regarding mini mac, we never tried that. i guess you need to figure that by yourself. as far as the hw server config, that looks great.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Media director
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 01:04:39 pm »
Thanks for reply. I found out that ATI drivers do not support ATI graphic card that is in Mac Mini. So no 3D acceleration for X. Is that a problem for installing Media Director on the device? What do you use as Media director? I would like something small, aesthetic and quiet, yet powerfull.