Author Topic: HDMI audio...(again!)  (Read 18171 times)

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: HDMI audio...(again!)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2011, 05:14:40 pm »
Sorry my MD's are Zotac's the one that has HDMI audio working is a ZBOX not sure what the card/chip is.

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2011, 05:57:49 pm »
it seems to be a known issue, at least for the ion 2 chips (which is my issue and may not be gtsupport's, though the symptom is identical). I'm still experimenting on my MD, it looks like if i can get it working i'll need to update the scripts specific to this type of board to setup the asound.conf and alsa config options.

gtsupport

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2011, 09:57:39 pm »
@kyfalcon

My MD is a Zotac Ion, and that works with HDMI audio without an issue, always has.  Its the New(ish) GT430 card in the core thats giving me the headache.  I'm really hoping that somebody who knows the system can see why the AVWizard won't run with the newer Nvidia driver isntalled.  Something about API Kernel mismatch, but all the info from google is based on standard Linux installations, and this doesn't apply with LMCE, so I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

@Murdock
I've tried a few suggestions that helped others out in the links you posted previously, no luck so far but I'm not giving up!!  Must be a basic setting somewhere, but I'm patiently waiting for your experiments to provide the answer, as my tinkering hasn't yielded results.
 :)
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 11:47:30 pm »
Ok, I think this is just the evolution of alsa as I can't seem to get this fully working after upgrading alsa to .23 or .24 or upgrading the kernel to the latest version available (3.x) as well as the latest nvidia driver.

The furthest I got was getting stereo to push via HDMI. I had myth working as well though the Dolby and DTS passthroughs were not working, neither were any multi-channel audio tests (nothing more than stereo) by updating the

At this point i'm reverting back to a TOSlink/SPDIF cable so i can continue regression testing the box.

I've posted my progress/notes here:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Zotac_Zbox_ID41-U
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:51:31 pm by Murdock »

avajon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2011, 10:17:00 pm »
Ok, I think this is just the evolution of alsa as I can't seem to get this fully working after upgrading alsa to .23 or .24 or upgrading the kernel to the latest version available (3.x) as well as the latest nvidia driver.

The furthest I got was getting stereo to push via HDMI. I had myth working as well though the Dolby and DTS passthroughs were not working, neither were any multi-channel audio tests (nothing more than stereo) by updating the

At this point i'm reverting back to a TOSlink/SPDIF cable so i can continue regression testing the box.

I've posted my progress/notes here:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Zotac_Zbox_ID41-U

any news for the audio over hdmi problem with the zotac?

thanks
avajon

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 04:00:48 pm »
No, im going to wait for 12.04 for testing this ion2 board.