Author Topic: NEWS: rc Time  (Read 17044 times)

westlock

• View Profile
Re: NEWS: rc Time
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:49 am »
Burned the ISO and now have Kubuntu on the machine and it is running 2.6.27-17-generic i686 unknown

There is a taskbar icon that notifies me there are updates.  When I click it it tells me that I'm upgrading to an unsupported distribution. 

Do I do a complete upgrade first or run the LinuxMCE full install shell from the desktop plasmoid?

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2011, 07:56:37 am »
run the LinuxMCE full install shell from the desktop

westlock

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 09:52:55 pm »
What changed between 10.04 to the rc1 version in regards to networking?  With Lucid I was able to change my network settings immediately to reflect my network and with the rc1 I have to accept the fact of obtaining an external ip via DHCP from my ISP for eth0.  I'm running the installer right now with the default two card interfaces file.  After it gets installed and the media directors are connecting I will want to change eth0 to have a IP address of 192.168.0.21.  How might this best be accomplished?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:58:58 pm by westlock »

buckle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 10:03:14 pm »
What changed between 10.04 to the rc1 version in regards to networking? 

You do realize that this is a RC for 0810, right?

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 06:56:23 am »
What changed between 10.04 to the rc1 version in regards to networking?  With Lucid I was able to change my network settings immediately to reflect my network and with the rc1 I have to accept the fact of obtaining an external ip via DHCP from my ISP for eth0.  I'm running the installer right now with the default two card interfaces file.  After it gets installed and the media directors are connecting I will want to change eth0 to have a IP address of 192.168.0.21.  How might this best be accomplished?
Eth0 points to your modem/router? Does it give out DHCP?
You can go into the webadmin / network settings and change this manually.
But do not tinker with Eth1, that should be giving out 192.168.80.x addresses.
If for some reason your eth0 and eth1 are swapped, you can swap them back, there is a button for it in the webadmin.

westlock

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 11:01:08 am »
One thing I found with the rc1 was that the network settings were very important not to fiddle with prior to having access to the web admin which did appear to work in my case thanks bongowongo (@#$!#$% network manager).  Also to mention that do follow the 810 install guide still.  Asking people over IRC if one should apt-get upgrade apt-get dist-upgrade or just run the install resulted in 3 failed installs for myself.  Looking like this install is a winner though as the 2250s look like plug and play.  Wondering if analog firmware gets downloaded too as I see they get recognized better than 10.04 on bootup.