General > Users

710,810,1004 or what?

<< < (2/10) > >>

bulek:

--- Quote from: donpaul3 on August 13, 2011, 09:31:20 pm ---Dianemo S10.10, but I do miss a lot of the LinuxMCE features that are not implemented in Dianemo yet. Keep up the great work!

--- End quote ---
Hi,

can you please give some more info about features you miss in Dianemo and are present in current LMCE ?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Bulek.

totallymaxed:

--- Quote from: bulek on August 16, 2011, 11:29:36 am ---Hi,

can you please give some more info about features you miss in Dianemo and are present in current LMCE ?

Thanks in advance,
regards,
Bulek.

--- End quote ---

I'll jump in here... we will have updated MythTV & FreePBX/Asterisk packages in coming weeks that will allow users of Dianemo S10.10 to replicate what they can on LinuxMCE while still delivering the unique Dianemo features like uPnP etc. We are also hoping to have the Gyration support re-instated too in the same time frame.

I think the above are the main areas where we have some work to do to if you want to match LinuxMCE features.

All the best

Andrew

donpaul3:

--- Quote from: totallymaxed on August 16, 2011, 12:46:08 pm ---I'll jump in here... we will have updated MythTV & FreePBX/Asterisk packages in coming weeks that will allow users of Dianemo S10.10 to replicate what they can on LinuxMCE while still delivering the unique Dianemo features like uPnP etc. We are also hoping to have the Gyration support re-instated too in the same time frame.

I think the above are the main areas where we have some work to do to if you want to match LinuxMCE features.

All the best

Andrew

--- End quote ---

That's correct, and I have been extremely impressed with the Andrew's support and knowledge! I can't wait for the new features (neither can the wife and kids!). The only other biggies I see lacking is VDPAU and media tagging (only Amazon is available and it isn't returning any results at the moment).

I will add that the Dianemo install and update process is flawless, and Dianemo is very stable. I have yet to use the uPnP features of Dianemo but am very much looking forward to it.

bulek:

--- Quote from: totallymaxed on August 16, 2011, 12:46:08 pm ---I'll jump in here... we will have updated MythTV & FreePBX/Asterisk packages in coming weeks that will allow users of Dianemo S10.10 to replicate what they can on LinuxMCE while still delivering the unique Dianemo features like uPnP etc. We are also hoping to have the Gyration support re-instated too in the same time frame.

All the best

Andrew

--- End quote ---
Great news...

Thanks for hard work...

Regards,

Bulek.

tux-box1:
Small question. I know their's work being done on 10.04 a LTS I'm glad the next build is being based on a LTS.

My only question / suggestion would be.

Instead of starting a new project on 10.04 which is supported through until April 2013 for the desktop version, and until April 2015 for the server version. Would it be better to just start on 12.04 with support from 26 April 2012 to April 2017? I know 12.04 hasn't made alpha yet (dec1 I think) This way we start off fresh with a version that will have through support form main stream through the development process of LMCE. Going this route we won't have to worry about them dropping support for it before the final build like they did with 8.10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version