Author Topic: PLCBus devices setup  (Read 11168 times)

pezho

• View Profile
Re: PLCBus devices setup
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 03:05:27 pm »
Dear Hari, gd dy! Many thanks for your reply

I follow up according to Bongo howto. after clean installing of lmce (8.10 ver. 23618) and updating/upgrading my step by step actions as flws:
1. Plugging computer interface PLCBUS-T 1141 usb into usb port, PLCBUS script start automatically and Transceiver Module PLCBUS-T 4023 (A1 address) switched on automatically also.
- lmce inform: You connected a PLCBUS (Pluto/Lighting interface)... Shall I use it?
- I confirm it and Wizard has start automatically on chapt. LIGHT where shown "Waiting for the new ..." Then I push OK button.
Remarks: My all previous installing has an msg in Wizard everytime: "The device failed to start properly. Something is not right"
- Webadmin/Devices/Interfaces found automatically: Device #34, Device template #1920, Controlled by CORE, PLCBUS, COM Port on PC has not been selected, Serial No: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_67b_2303_noserial, PNP Signature: 16, HAL
2. Quick reload Router, Regen Orbiter
- Webadmin/Devices/Interfaces: the Serial No of Device #34 has missed
Remarks: If I switching off an PLCBUS-T 4023 Transceiver by Remote Control or by local button the script 99_PLCBUS_1141.sh was start automatically and switch on an Transceiver again.
3. Adding a light in webadmin manually. Make a choice a Switch On/Off (Transceiver can work as the switch on/off module only) and give an address A1.
4. Reset the lighting device (blue led flashes repeatedly), and press test commands "on" You will here 1 or 2 buzz. Now you can control the device.
- I can't complete this step
Remarks: After the child was created/added and after regen/reload orbiters the system found an Generic serial device (Bongo: It was good to say no to the usb to serial device, after that the plcbus script will run). I choice a No in this time and the system does not running script and as a result the Transceiver does not switched on automatically.

Which Serial port of Interface I should fix an RS232 or USB? I use computer interface PLCBUS-T 1141 usb

Moreover in addition setup of Interface and Child the Manufacturer defined automatically as PLUTO 1 instead of Shanghai Supersmart. Is it normal or not?

Awaiting yours,
BRG

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 09:39:07 pm »
pluto is normal, I did this change to make sure that the package gets built (our builder automatically creates all packages for manufacturer "Pluto").

Just select the proper serial port in the web admin.

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

pezho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 04:12:03 am »
COM Port on PC has been selected as ttyUSB0 (...)
Orbiter regen/reload
Transceiver was switched on automatically again

But then...
After rebooting PC:
Webadmin/Devices/Interfaces/PLCBUS:
COM Port on PC is dev () and PLCBUS does not working again

BRGDS
Evgeny

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 11:32:37 am »
You mean you had to select it again.
I had the same, actually I do not select at all, as I understood the driver does that for me.
Try selecting it, and only do a quick reload router. What does the script tell you?