Author Topic: [Solved] - Updating NVidia Drivers for MD in 810 (BAD NIC IN FREENAS SVR)  (Read 3643 times)

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
I may not be looking in the right place.  Trying to install the latest nVidia driver as when I play DVD that are on my freenas server, I get a lot of choppiness and skips (acts as if the fast forward button is being pressed).

Followed the wiki step-by-step to install the drivers.  Also done this for my 710 system with sucess.  When initiate telinit 1, the MD shows Kubuntu splace screen and just hangs there.  I never get to the console to press enter and continue with the driver install.

I have searched the forum for this and have not found any corrective action/responses.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 09:30:02 am by Marper »

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Updating NVidia Drivers for MD in 810
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 08:41:39 am »
I guess its back to 0710. 

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:44:02 am »
Installed 0710RC2 - However, same behavior.

Video is choppy, installed latest NVIDIA driver and made no difference.  It's obviously an issue with Freenas and how the disk handles streaming.

I will outline my full install with the hopes that someone can assist or just point me in the right direction.

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 12:21:07 pm »
Could be network indeed, but did you try setting it to vdpau in webadmin. Maybe card is dying, try to swap it.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 06:36:05 pm »
I'll do some reading on VDPAU.  I've seen a few posts on that, but did not make a connection with video playback and all.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Marper

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 09:29:24 am »
Solved - NIC in Freenas server was going bad.  Replaced NIC and all is well.