Author Topic: Supported IP Cameras ?  (Read 3529 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Supported IP Cameras ?
« on: December 16, 2006, 07:03:51 pm »
I'm looking to setup a security camera system for my home security. Which I hope to be able to access the security footage (streaming video) using my mobilephone.

Can anyone advice me on what IP cameras are supported on the Pluto core so I can make the right purchases ?

So far, I have access to the Dlink IP Cameras which are being sold in my country. Would they perform the function I need ? remote video viewing from my mobile phone via Pluto ?   :?:

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Supported IP Cameras ?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 07:40:40 pm »
Quote from: "freetan"
I'm looking to setup a security camera system for my home security. Which I hope to be able to access the security footage (streaming video) using my mobilephone.

Can anyone advice me on what IP cameras are supported on the Pluto core so I can make the right purchases ?

So far, I have access to the Dlink IP Cameras which are being sold in my country. Would they perform the function I need ? remote video viewing from my mobile phone via Pluto ?   :?:

Not sure about remote video viewing, but few IP cameras are supported and it's pretty easy to customize that support for any other IP camera....

I think that we have device templates for Panasonic, DLink and Axis cameras (probably not whole range but majority)...

Look at device templates for ip cameras and see what's in there. Also try to find some docs on GSD devices, etc...  Currently there is small discrepancy in cameras support. Those connected to motion, have video recording options and motion detection. But IP cameras under motion are not supported, they are supported directly, by reading their 'web pages', so quad scenarios shows their picturesm but I'm not sure about video recording and the rest of features.

HTH,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Supported IP Cameras ?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:39:15 pm »
This link may be helpful also as it is the compatibility list for pluto.

http://plutohome.com/index.php?section=compatibility