Author Topic: Hard drive woes (RAID and general discovery)  (Read 3203 times)

DeathMagnetic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hard drive woes (RAID and general discovery)
« on: June 16, 2010, 10:55:36 am »
I've finally managed to set up a RAID5 array and it has mounted successfully but doesn't show up in the media director. I also have the same problem with USB drives.

The RAID array and the drives used for it all have **RUN_CONFIG** as their status.

Using mdadm --detail /dev/md3 show that the array is fine but mdadm.conf has no record of it, only md1 (which failed due to needing to run some other commands to get RAID working in the first place). Surely it should be there somewhere, no?

As for the USB drives, they never show up in the pluto device list at all, which is frustrating when it comes to playing something from them. My only option is to open Dolphin and copy the files across manually, though since my main drive with MCE installed was set to public I have nowhere to put them that adds them into the Orbiters' media listings.

It's confusing the hell out of me. Can I remove the drives from the pluto database then rediscover them?

EDIT: Looks like removing the drive that MCE is installed on was a bad idea, now all I have is a blank screen on all the MDs. Is there something  can type into the command line to add the drive back to the pluto devices list?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:10:56 pm by typhoon_2099 »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Hard drive woes (RAID and general discovery)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:20:38 pm »
How many arrays do you have?
For me, /dev/md3 would be the third array.

DeathMagnetic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:41:26 pm »
The first ones failed, but the files for them stayed in dev so it came up as the md3. However the problem now is the broken install. Think it's time for another wipe.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 01:59:38 pm »
Well, if you're gonna wipe, install kubuntu, update & upgrade, after that create the array and then install lmce. This is what i did. lmce recognized the array without problem.