Author Topic: RAS-Series Air Conditioning  (Read 3730 times)

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
RAS-Series Air Conditioning
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:55:27 pm »
The IR controlled Toshiba RAS-Series Air Conditioning template was added the system with yesterdays updates which is awesome but I'm not sure what I have to do to get it running? I added it to the climate devices but the device template notes says:
This device allows you to control a Toshiba RAS series air conditioning unit via IR control. The IR transmitter device must be manually configured because of limitations in the GSD implementation. The SetFan and SetTemp commands wont turn the device on by themselves, but rather allow you to specify the fan and temperature before actually sending the command to the device. If the device is already on, the fan and temperature commands will of course be sent right away.

Any advice on how to get this working would be great. I've had a look through settings and USB-UIRT is selected for controlling it. Not sure if something should go in PK_Device or some other setting is needed?

Cheers,

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: RAS-Series Air Conditioning
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 03:48:14 pm »
You need to specify a IR transmitter device in the PK_Device field. So if you have a USB-UIRT, you need to add the Device ID of the USB-UIRT device in that field. Do that and reload the router, and I think it should work.

You can test the device by going to the advanced device screen for the RAS and click 'Send command to device'. There you can send different commands manually.
If you have any more problems, view the log for the RAS device, either through the advanced device screen('view errors in log' or 'view whole log') or in the console.

Btw. what is the model number of your AirCon? I suppose it'd be a good idea to keep track of which devices work with this template. For now I just assumed all RAS devices use the same IR code, which probably is true..

regards,
sambuca

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:03:25 pm »
Thanks,

Once I get home will do some testing and let you know the model. I will also add wiki for them and note working models.

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 11:43:49 pm »
Just to let you know, I added a wiki page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Toshiba_RAS-series_Air_Condition to get it started.

regards,
sambuca

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:27:50 am »
I'm an idiot! rechecked and found I had the wrong ID  :-\

Reloaded and test commands seem to work fine. Have rolled back for now but once reliable updates out will work at getting scenarios setup.

Thanks for help.

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 11:28:30 am »
BTW have updated wiki but the model of mine is RAS-16SKVR-A