Author Topic: Mythtv with HDPVR on Core/Hybrid works, but not with HDPVR on MD  (Read 4413 times)

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hello all,
    Ive been experimenting with LMCE for about a year.. slowly collecting hardware.
I have been working with the HDPVR on my core/hybrid, and can get it to work fine capturing Component video from my H20 Sat box.
My MD can watch the satellite broadcasts as well thru the network, however only one MD can access the HDPVR at a time.  I figure that the H20 Sat box and the HDPVR should be on the MD anyway (each MD would have same setup).   However, configuring the MD in Mythtv setup exactly the same as it was on the core, and relocating the HDPVR to the MD usb port, watching tv fails with a message "Mythtv is using all inputs, but there are no active recordings?"

Restart of entire system results in the same outcome.   Removing the HDPVR references in the core/hybrid Mythtv setup and restarting still results in same outcome.   Relocating the HDPVR and H20 back on the core/hybrid, and reconfiguring as original, and satellite transmissions can be watched on the core/hybrid, or the MD.. but not both simultaneously.

Any recommendations on what I might look at to resolve this issue?   I woud assume that each MD should be able to support a capture device and have a satellite box local to it to watch different programming that another MD.

Thanks,
Dennis

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Mythtv with HDPVR on Core/Hybrid works, but not with HDPVR on MD
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 07:16:42 am »
Go into mythtv backend
and create all the inputs for the device
ie.. component, composite, svideo etc....

reboot and you should be good

Thanks

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 04:16:03 am »
Thanks!
I had done this on my MD before, and also went into the core/hybrid and removed all reference to the HDPVR in Mythtv and in Web Admin.
Had no luck getting the setup to work.

I had another server ready to go, so I installed a new core/hybrid and joined my MD to the core.  Setup of Mythtv was successful... and it works perfectly.

I must have something misconfigured on my prior core...

Dennis

gadget

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:55:35 pm »
Hi Dennis,

I have an HDPVR connected to my core and can watch eveything from component capture perfectly on the core. However when i watch from my MD the picture quality is poor and the sound is out of sync. Have you been able to watch from another machine successfully?

I have also got the same issue as you of not being able to configure myth on and MD but dont want to go through a re-install right now.

gadget

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 03:11:45 am »
gadget,
    Yes... when i had my HDPVR on my core, I was able to watch fairly good quality tv on my MD thru the network.   Every once in a while, I would get a 'hickup' in the video and/or audio.  It was similar to watching a movie on my MD where the file was on my core. 
    Im running on a gigabyte lan, my core was an athlon64 with a gig of memory, and my MD is a dual core athlon64 with a gig of memory as well.   That may explain why i was having some luck.    But it actually works much better when the HDPVR is on the MD.

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 07:32:19 am »
FYI

1 gig is not enough for any system

If you plan on using vdpau the system should have at least 512 just for video if onboard video is used so having 1 gig with onboard is pushing it,  Thats to say if you use onboard video

anywho best practice it to have at least 2 gigs at least

Thanks

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 01:24:15 am »
I'm workin on it...  :P