Author Topic: Howto setup HomePro Z-wave devices?  (Read 3641 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Howto setup HomePro Z-wave devices?
« on: November 01, 2006, 07:05:16 pm »
I have a HomePro Zwave USB Interface (ZCU010) added to Pluto and it is detected correctly. But what seems to be missing from wiki is how can I enable other HomePro Zwave devices for use in Pluto?

The HomePro manufacturer is not listed in lights devices, so what exactly should I do in order to control the Zwave modules with pluto?

The modules I have are:
- ZRP200  Zwave Appliance Module, European Plug
- ZTH200  Zwave Wireless Controller, Europe & UK
- ZIR010  ZIR010 Zwave Motion Sensor, Euro Spec

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 12:33:16 pm »
Hi,
Our current support for Z-Wave devices includes only binary switches and multilevel switches (mainly lights, dimmable lights). These devices appears as lights devices and they can be used in scenarios.
The support for motion sensors is under development, it should be available in the next release.
Regards,
Eugen

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Howto setup HomePro Z-wave devices?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 02:08:43 pm »
Quote from: "frodoxi"
I have a HomePro Zwave USB Interface (ZCU010) added to Pluto and it is detected correctly. But what seems to be missing from wiki is how can I enable other HomePro Zwave devices for use in Pluto?

The HomePro manufacturer is not listed in lights devices, so what exactly should I do in order to control the Zwave modules with pluto?

The modules I have are:
- ZRP200  Zwave Appliance Module, European Plug
- ZTH200  Zwave Wireless Controller, Europe & UK
- ZIR010  ZIR010 Zwave Motion Sensor, Euro Spec

Hi,

See my reply to this post; http://plutohome.com/support/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=690

Basically you need to use your Wireless Controller to 'add' the modules to your Zwave network then transfer that information from your Wireless Controller to the usb interface which is explained in my post above. Once you do that you will see your Zwave devices appear in the devices list in Webadmin. Currently even if you add a ZIR010 to your Zwave network Pluto will not list it in the device list as it is currently not supported (as explained by Eugen).

Once you have your Zwave devices listed in the devices list you can then create scenarios and use auto generated scenarios to have those devices controlled by Pluto whatever way you require.

Hope the above is of help.

Regards

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 06:59:45 pm »
Quote from: "eugen.c"
Hi,
Our current support for Z-Wave devices includes only binary switches and multilevel switches (mainly lights, dimmable lights). These devices appears as lights devices and they can be used in scenarios.

Does this also mean that Appliance Modules are not supported? Or do these belong to category of binary/multilevel switches?

Regards,
 Miska

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 07:36:56 pm »
Quote from: "frodoxi"
Does this also mean that Appliance Modules are not supported? Or do these belong to category of binary/multilevel switches?

I'll answer to my own question. Yes, the appliance modules do work with pluto and they are seen as light switches.