Author Topic: How to reset Myth front end settings  (Read 2714 times)

raversnet

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
How to reset Myth front end settings
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:06:22 am »
Greetings all.  I've been searching for this all over the place to no avail.  So im wondering if someone knows how or can point me in the right direction.   Turns out i've changed my settings for MythTV on my MD frontend and now everything is super huge.  The media director itself for watching videos etc works fine.  Its just when i go to watch tv i basically end up watching the top left corner of whatever channel is on.  Selecting settings simply throws my video out of range and i lose all picture. (Out of range on plasma).

So i went into mythweb and figured i could compare old to new settings using the database front end and i see all the old settings for my MD test setups before.   So simply adding and removing MythTV from the MD doesnt remove the settings as i would like.  All the settings remain in the Myth Database.

How can i remove all of this and start fresh without having to completely rebuild the MD again?  Hope that makes sense.  I'd really like to watch some hockey tonight with minimal effort.  :)

I appreciate any suggestions right down to a location in the database where i can simply yank out all the Moons i dont need or use.

Thanks,

Rob :)

raversnet

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: How to reset Myth front end settings
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 07:26:58 am »
Ok so i solved my problem.  Went into the MythConverg DB and found the settings table.

Ran this query:

SELECT * FROM `settings` WHERE `hostname` = 'moon193'

And wahla!  When i clicked on TV it recreated the table with defaults.  I can now use this for all the other old settings that exist to clear out the table.

Just figured i'd post my solution.

Rob

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 12:52:45 am »
Hi Rob. Should that read SELECT?

A SELECT query wouldn't change anything.

raversnet

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:38:50 am »
I'm sorry you are correct.  I simply SELECTED and then dropped the SELECTED.   You could however just use DELETE FROM in place of SELECT.

I was using phpmyadmin to bark commands and view the data.  

DELETE FROM `settings` WHERE `hostname`= 'moon193'
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:09:08 am by raversnet »