Author Topic: Lost Generic serial devices in .41  (Read 3315 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Lost Generic serial devices in .41
« on: November 01, 2006, 02:03:30 am »
After my system upgraded to .41 GSD devices I created no longer show up under the generic serial device section on the web admin.

I then installed a fresh system from a .41 iso in vmware, created a new GSD device, and the same thing happens, it doesn't show up after you crate it, so I don't think it has anything to do with my configuration.

I don't know how else to access the devices ruby code entry accept through this web interface, and I would like to get started writing a connector to a omnipro unit.

Dan-

(PS if someone could answer my ruby questions in my other post that would be great)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 01:12:41 pm »
i see my gsd devices under gsd page.
please enable remote assistance and provide a password that you choose and send email to vali.g @ plutohome . com to take a look. send a link to this thread also so he knows about it.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 12:02:20 am »
If I add a GSD device that ships with pluto, like a panisonic ip camera, it shows up.  When I create my own template and device it does not (it did in .40, but those devices disaperaed after the upgrade as well as any new ones I add).  My devices still show up in the device tree, just not under the GSD section in the wizard.  Wierd.

I didn't know you could access the Ruby codes from editing the template directly, out side the wizard interface, so this doesn't seem to be an issue for me anymore, just an inconsistancy with how it works.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:55:32 am »
When you add a device like that Panasonic IP camera, the codes displayed are those for the same manufacturer and device category; for your new created device template, it's very possible you don't have any codes to show, so you have to add them yourself.

Regarding the devices who are not displayed on page, check if their device templates still have the CommandLine field = "Generic_Serial_Device"