Author Topic: No sound through HDMI on Asus AT3N7A-I  (Read 3341 times)

DeathMagnetic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
No sound through HDMI on Asus AT3N7A-I
« on: June 02, 2010, 10:46:42 am »
I've tried the guide on the wiki but everything is up to date. I even used asoundconf list to find out what sound cards were being used and all I got was "NVidia", which is technically any of the 4 output methods available on this board. aplay -l told me I had analogue, digital and HDMI but so far I've heard nothing come from this board.

I really need help.

P.S. Is there any way to change the output without running the avwizard again?

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: No sound through HDMI on Asus AT3N7A-I
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 05:33:44 pm »
Make sure IEC958 1 is unmuted in alsamixer

HTH

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

DeathMagnetic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:56:28 am »
Thanks. I figured it out yesterday when I was fiddling about with the settings. I had to set the font to 4pt before I could read the whole list of connections in KMix (not all the outputs were listed in the mixer), for some reason text is huge on the desktop.

Any idea why sound is muted initially?

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 05:10:05 pm »
The huge text on the screen is something that I am experiencing as well. But it is only on Samsung LCD TV. I had another MD connected to the same TV with similar results. Don't know what is the driving factor. On my ION board though, I still am having difficulty running HD 1080p video. I have dedicated 512 MB of shared mem (DDR2 800) to ION and even installed the latest drivers from Nvidia, but still the video is choppy. Are you experiencing similar HD video issues on your board?