Author Topic: [SOLVED] current apt-get update & apt-get-upgrade breaks 810 b2  (Read 900 times)

Beeker

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 267
    • View Profile
Hi All,
Had a perfectly good working 810 b2 and thought well I haven't done an update for awhile so I did both apt-get update & apt-get upgrade on both the core/hybrid and the one md I have and after they all completed I now get the following msg when trying to log in to webadmin and the md boots up with a black screen and only a cursor.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /var/www/lmce-admin/include/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 338
Fatal error: mysql error: [2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)] in CONNECT(localhost, '****', '****', pluto_main) in /var/www/lmce-admin/include/adodb/adodb-errorhandler.inc.php on line 77


I have no knowledge of SQL so I can only assume that one of the updates broke the install, if it is easy to fix please let me know otherwise I can re image the whole system in about 9mins and be back up and running............then I just reload my most recent backup file.........I glad I have this working as it saves me a whole heap of time and heat from the wife.

Cheers
Beeker
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:53:37 am by Beeker »

F1forHELP

  • Regular Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: current apt-get update & apt-get-upgrade breaks 810 b2
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:42:40 am »
I had this issue on another machine.  As root running the following command fixed my issue

# touch /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Normal disclaimers apply.

Joseph

Beeker

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 267
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] current apt-get update & apt-get-upgrade breaks 810 b2
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:06:04 am »
Hi Joseph,
Thanks for the tip but by the time I got your reply I had used my Acronis image of my original install and in 9 mins was back up and running. So yesterday I decided to try it again and this time it worked okay so not sure why it failed the first time. I would recommend to everybody having a backup image file that you can restore as it saves so much wasted time especially if you are testing new ideas.

This ends up saving me up to 3hrs every time I need to rebuild the core because of the crappy internet speed here in Australia along with my limited knowledge of Linux and databases so I have to re image rather than going to cmd line and delving deep into mce to fix it, which I wish I new more about as it would good to try and fix things myself rather than re imaging every time, though from the forums and everybody's excellent input I have been learning quite a lot but still heaps to go

Cheers
Beeker