1. Install snapshot DVD of 810
2. Run the Desktop shortcut to /root/new-installer/full-install.sh
3. After installing a few packages I am asked to reboot
4. After reboot nothing happens - presented with a login prompt (KDE no longer starts as the symlinks were remove by the installer)
5. Manually run /root/new-installer/full-install.sh again
6. Install of pluto-dcerouter fails as linuxmce sources have not been added to apt sources.list
I did some digging around and found a function in mce-install-common.sh which adds the LinuxMCE sources called Setup_Apt_Conffiles, which seems to add either remote or local sources based on whether the core currently has internet connectivity (neat!). However, the part of mce-install.sh where this is called from is commented out:
if [[ "$c_netExtKeep" != "true" ]] ;then
#trap 'RemoveOfflineSource' EXIT
I did find however that the pre-install-from-DVD.sh script adds some repos, but this is not called at all from the full-install.sh script which is included in the DVD distribution.
Is there a reason for this? I assume this script is working for other users? How can it work for everyone else? I would go ahead an post a Trac ticket but it seems odd that nobody else would have run into this issue.
ps. my setup is a VMware virtual machine with 2 network interfaces (both appear in ifconfig output and are working)