Author Topic: Internet connection hopefulely resolved......  (Read 1233 times)

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Internet connection hopefulely resolved......
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:14:01 am »
As some of you that have read may know, I have had some issues gettting PPPOE to work.  I dont think that the problem is inherently fault of the system.  However, I will say that I did wish that there was some improvements to PPPOE and support via the admin utility.  Unfortunately that is not the case.

However, I think that I may have a solution to my problem.  During the installation, I set the addressing scheme for my internal addresses.  For instance, using as my internal addressing (eth1).   My core's ip address is (eth0).  My gateway is

In the previous attempts, I tried to run pppoeconf and plug my internet cable directly into my eth0 port.  Never could get it to work.  This last installation, I plugged it into a router that I configured with the address of address.  Everything works (or atl least it appears) great.  I have made no modifications to my server.  Now my original thought was that this gateway address was some additional address that the pluto core used.  I am currently using it as my router as  I guess that my question is, am I going to have some conflict (by default, is this gateway address pointing to some device within my server) or is this the correct method?   As I said it appears to work as I can surf the web.