Author Topic: Bypass AV Wizard?  (Read 3015 times)

SilkBC

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Bypass AV Wizard?
« on: March 29, 2010, 09:10:22 pm »
Is there any way to stop the AV Wizard from coming up on startup?

I have installed 0810 (Beta 2, it seems, which I believe is latest; did a "repo" install from script).  I have installed it on a Xen virtual machine, so it doesn't have a real monitor attached, and I am only wanting to use this particular one as a core, so it won't be getting used as a MD.  However, when the AV Wizard comes up, the "OK" button is greyed out, and I cannot proceed, presumably because it is not detecting a compatible display.  I can connect to the web interface to configure what I need.

Thanks! :-)

-SilkBC

dh

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bypass AV Wizard?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:35:29 pm »
Try to hit the greyed button.  It works for me usually despite being grey (bug?).

D

SilkBC

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 04:32:59 am »
Unfortunately, that doesn't work :-(  I can hit "Enter" but that makes the display go black, then restarts the AV Wizard :-(

-SilkBC

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 06:53:18 am »
you may be able to edit /etc/pluto.conf and set AutoStartMedia to 0. not sure if that will prevent the avwizard from running though.

SilkBC

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 04:49:33 pm »
you may be able to edit /etc/pluto.conf and set AutoStartMedia to 0. not sure if that will prevent the avwizard from running though.

That seems to have done it.  When I rebooted, it seemed to generate a lot of stuff on the command line on boot (I think it was finishing whatever scripts it needed).  During this time, een though SSH was indicated as started, I couldn't connect, even after it was all done.

I logged in on the console, opened /etc/pluto.conf and noticed some new entries:

Code: [Select]
FirstBoot = false
AVWizardDone = 1
DesktopActivated = 1

or at least I think they were new; I didn't remember them being there, but I could very well be wrong.  I set "AutoStartMedia" back to "1" then rebooted.  No AVWizard; just generating the orbiters, then when done, the onscreen orbiter showed up.

I will likely go through the "Clean Core" wiki entry and see if I can reduce its resource footprint, and also make it run at runlevel 3, etc., but so far I am happy.

I am having a problem with the web orbiter I created afterwards, but I will post another thread on that.

Thanks! :-)

-SilkBC