Author Topic: combination of x-10 and Z-wave  (Read 2764 times)

Raul102801

• Veteran
    • View Profile
combination of x-10 and Z-wave
« on: March 21, 2010, 09:14:02 pm »
I just did an install of the latest build (downloaded from linuxtracker on Friday), once the installer finished, I added a micasaverde zwave controller which had my living room light switch added to it. The system detected it, I chose ceiling light for the type and added it to the living room. Now on data grid, I can go to lights and I see a on and off buttons and it works great. The problem happens when I installed a CM11A with a USB to serial adapter with a device on the same room as the zwave. I followed the instructions on the wiki and added the CM11A, then created a child device for a floor lamp with address A2. From the device tree, I can send a message to both the zwave and the x10 lamp and they both work but from the data grid now neither one of them works. I tink the problem is that both have the same button assign to them, I am saying this because when I click on the on button, it appears that nothing happens, however, I can click on flootplan on the data grid, lights, floorplan and I can see both devices listed there and both say on, if I click on the off button and go back to the floorplan, now both will say off, however neither one of them is actually turning on or off.
I am not sure if missed something when creating the x10 device to create its own buttons.

Any ideas?

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: combination of x-10 and Z-wave
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:34:12 pm »
I am having a similar problem but I was able to isolate the problem to only when my MD is ON. So in the room where the MD is turned ON, the lights don't work. I turn the MD off and the lights work. This is the case with three different MDs. I am using CM11A and CM15. I eventually migrated everything from CM15 to CM11 and the problem still remains.

Do you have any MDs in the room with the lights?

Raul102801

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 07:44:26 pm »
I don't have any media directors in my environment. Basically I just have the core acting as a Hybrid. This is the first time I dedicate enough time to get something working other than my media so I am trying to follow instructions from the Wiki as much as I can. I followed the instructions for installing the CM11A. It just seems as if there were no new buttons added when I install the CM11A after I already have installed the Z-Wave devices. So it seems to be trying to use the same Off and On for both of them.

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 07:54:30 pm »
If you click multiple lights from the gui only one set of on/off/dim controls are visible and all lights will be controlled from the same buttons.  To control only one light then click one light only.  To release that light click it again before selecting another light.  To troubleshoot set up extended logging.  Do a search in the Wiki and forum on loglevels.  Extended logging is adjusted in the file pluto.conf in /etc.  Once you have edited the file you will need to reload the router then go to the webmin page and click interfaces in the wizard section, advanced next to the interface you are interested in, then follow log on the advanced page.  You can then click lights and see if anything is logged.