Author Topic: MythTV - Migrate database and content from Mythbuntu to LMCE  (Read 2285 times)

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
MythTV - Migrate database and content from Mythbuntu to LMCE
« on: March 19, 2010, 08:09:13 pm »
I've been running a Mythbuntu setup for the last few months. it's worked very well but I'm now migrating to LMCE to make use of the many additional features. I would like to start migrating from the Mythbuntu box to the LMCE box and I would like to do it in stages and keep both boxes running until I decommission the Mythbuntu box.

Stage One: Use LMCE for all new recordings
Copy over Chanel Data - It's took considerable effort to get the channels just right. Can I copy those over from the Mythbuntu box to the LMCE box? I would like to include channel thumbnails as well.

Copy recording rules - I have a number of recording rules setup on the Mythbuntu box. I could recreate them but I don't want the LMCE box to re-record previously recorded shows. How can I get those records over?

Stage Two: Access old recordings from LMCE
Share Media on Mythbuntu - I know I can share the files on the Mythbuntu box with LMCE but how can I get the show information on the LMCE box. Ideally I would want to keep the files on the Mythbuntu box (on the external network) until I'm ready to decommission but if necessary I can copy them over if LMCE needs a different directory structure.

Stage Three: Move all data to LMCE
How would I tell LMCE MythTV where the files moved to?

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV - Migrate database and content from Mythbuntu to LinuxMCE
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 10:03:27 pm »
Stage Two is more effort that it's worth if you're going to do Stage Three.  Someone just posted a similar question about migrating from MythDora.  Search that topic out.