Author Topic: Pluto installation on vmware fails  (Read 11494 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto installation on vmware fails
« on: October 22, 2006, 01:28:40 pm »
Hi,

i wanted to install pluto in my vmware (running on win xp home ed.). The installation from the iso-image cd worked, but if i want to boot pluto, then the boot process halts with the  message "waiting for the /root filesystem" for about 5 minutes and fails.

Has anyone seen the same problem or found any solution?

Yours Johannes

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto installation on vmware fails
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 07:38:45 pm »
I had the exact same problem last night, only mine eventually fails out to a message that says it can't find /dev/ev6 (that's not right, it's something6 but I can't remember which) and then drops to a shell.....not sure why?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Pluto installation on vmware fails
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 10:59:11 am »
Quote from: "jolo"
Hi,

i wanted to install pluto in my vmware (running on win xp home ed.). The installation from the iso-image cd worked, but if i want to boot pluto, then the boot process halts with the  message "waiting for the /root filesystem" for about 5 minutes and fails.

Has anyone seen the same problem or found any solution?

Yours Johannes

Try using the ide emulation instead of scsi one on vmware. Also i think you should boot without the bootsplash since starting x11 may get the vesafb console unusable on vmware.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Pluto installation on vmware fails
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »
Quote from: "razvan.g"

Try using the ide emulation instead of scsi one on vmware. Also i think you should boot without the bootsplash since starting x11 may get the vesafb console unusable on vmware.

Agree. It's better to use IDE instead of SCSI. But I used SCSI without any problems. Just try to use RedHat Linux. I'm not sure about .41 but .40 is working fine.