Author Topic: Web Admin Slow Responsiveness  (Read 664 times)

jrd261

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Web Admin Slow Responsiveness
« on: March 18, 2010, 06:27:33 am »
The web admin takes about 10 minutes to display after any changes. It does eventually save/update but at 10 minutes a pop I'm having trouble configuring much of anything.  If I click to save something or even click on "Interfaces" or anything sometimes it seems to act normal and sometimes it will take 5-10 minutes of "waiting for 192.168.80.1" before anything shows up.

Fresh install of 810. This is installed as a guest system in virtualbox. Had similar problem with web admin response running LMCE natively. I have setup a diskless media director and disabled the MD on the core.

Heres some information you may find relevant:

-Network load is about 10Mb from diskless MD to Core, more traffic going from MD to Core ~15Mb. (Medium UI, just flickr) Seems strange to me.
- Problem persists with MD off. Checked and network traffic is nominal.
-Apache restart doesn't seem to help.
-I've of course restarted the entire system.
-CPU usage is nominal while waiting
- Using 2 nics (bridged on different physical networks).
-Can ssh and ping machine from internal network fine while waiting for web admin.
-Disabled external firewall for http. Problem persists from internal and external network.

Any ideas?



jrd261

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Web Admin Slow Responsiveness
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:53:34 pm »
 - High network use was caused by an IP conflict. Resolved that issue but did not affect web admin responsiveness.

 - I have noticed that it does not act strange until I click on certain links ("interfaces" usually locks it up). After that all other actions take minutes to respond to.

- On reboot acts normally until I start looking at devices or related things
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:08:42 pm by jrd261 »

jrd261

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Web Admin Slow Responsiveness
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 04:13:22 am »
Ok, so I think "fresh install" was a little misleading. I had forgotten that I fiddled the night before and added a device. I've reinstalled and I have a bit more information.

The problem seems to arise after adding a child device to my diskless MD.

From the moment I add a CM11a or even a generic RS232 LCD the web admin becomes almost completely unusable (~5-10 minutes to respond to anything). I seem to be able to add devices as a child to the core or the core/hybrid (which has no serial ports) with no strange behavior. As soon I as select my MD in the "controlled by" box the web admin pretty much stops responding. This behavior does not seem to occur with devices which don't involve a serial port.Note this occurs both with the MD on or off. If I delete the device, all returns to normal.

So the bottom line is: Attaching child devices which use a serial port to a diskless MD (on or off) makes the web admin extremely slow to respond.

edit: Attached new diskless MD and same problem occurs. Added CM11a to core and all was fine. Chose my new MD for the CM11a (or any serial device) in the "controlled by" box and web admin becomes unresponsive.

Anybody?




« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:32:24 pm by jrd261 »

jrd261

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Web Admin Slow Responsiveness
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:47:03 pm »
Update. Sorry for the flurry of posts.

This is the message in DCERouter.log when I attach the device to a MD.

05   03/24/10 18:43:18.519      Socket::ReceiveData 0x8f18dc8 failed, bytes left 0 start: 273170000 1: 0 1b: 0 2: 0 2b: 0 m_Socket: 22 Incoming_Conn Socket 22 192.168.80.1 <0xb1a0ab90>
05   03/24/10 18:43:18.520      Socket::ReceiveString2 ReceiveData failed m_Socket: -1 Incoming_Conn Socket 22 192.168.80.1 <0xb1a0ab90>
05   03/24/10 18:43:18.520      TCPIP: Closing connection to -1003 (Router Dev #0) 0x8f18dc8 m_Socket: -1 <0xb1a0ab90>
05   03/24/10 18:43:18.520      Router::RemoveAndDeleteSocket 0x8f18dc8 -1003 <0xb1a0ab90>

I don't even get a chance to select the com port and the web admin stalls out.

Update. CM11a was not working at all even when proper serial port was selected (after having to wait minutes and minutes for web admin to refresh). Plugged in USB-RS232 adapter and (after waiting and waiting again) selected that funny (pci0000:xxxx....) as my serial port. No luck. Hacked the serial port detection script to echo out ttyUSB0, selected it, and like magic the CM11a worked and I could control lights. However, the slow web admin remains but only when selecting the CM11a in the devices tree, otherwise normal.

The CM11a shortly crapped out and doesn't seem to be functioning properly (although LMCE seems to be communicating fine). The lights just dont turn on but I think this problem is unrelated to this post.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 04:34:31 am by jrd261 »