Author Topic: Has anyone used the LX8100 from linuxtechtoys.com as a core?  (Read 3099 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Has anyone used the LX8100 from linuxtechtoys.com as a core?
« on: October 20, 2006, 08:10:01 pm »
Has anyone used the LX8100 from www.linuxtechtoys.com as a core or media director.
http://www.linuxtechtoys.com/ltt/product_info.php/cPath/24_27/products_id/237

If I purchased one and loaded plutohome, is it compatible? Will it work out of the box?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
As Core or MD
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 10:17:59 pm »
I am very interested in ANY success stories with this hardware as well.  I am a newbie to Pluto, but not to Debian.  I have found issues with my existing PC as Core that I resolved by simply using VMWare.  

For the remote MD I had been considering AOpen Mini or MacMini with wall mount, and a DVI capable LCD wall mounted.  I have plan to completely rewire house with new server room, etc to deploy this technology.  If anyone has input for cheapo MD that work well, or input as to this referenced Linux HTPC functionality and integration with Pluto, I would LOVE to hear about it!!

Thanks

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: As Core or MD
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 08:47:38 pm »
Quote from: "dprice"
I am very interested in ANY success stories with this hardware as well.  I am a newbie to Pluto, but not to Debian.  I have found issues with my existing PC as Core that I resolved by simply using VMWare.  

For the remote MD I had been considering AOpen Mini or MacMini with wall mount, and a DVI capable LCD wall mounted.  I have plan to completely rewire house with new server room, etc to deploy this technology.  If anyone has input for cheapo MD that work well, or input as to this referenced Linux HTPC functionality and integration with Pluto, I would LOVE to hear about it!!

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

there is already effort going on to share every possible info about using different HW as MD. Jump in, read it and contribute - we will all benefit from that.

http://plutohome.com/wiki/index.php/Media_Directors

HTH,

regards,

Rob.