Author Topic: Multiple TV Tuners Question  (Read 3350 times)

dison4linux

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Multiple TV Tuners Question
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:26:48 pm »
I didn't really know what to search for to find the answer so forgive me if this has already been asked.

In my core I have a dual ATSC tuner board (HVR-2250) and an analog tuner board (PVR-250).  Presently the PVR-250 does nothing since there are analog OTA streams.  I am considering getting cable which will have some analog streams.

My question is how do you switch between tuners on LinuxMCE/MythTV?  Does it just list all of the channels in a row and automagically switch to the appropriate tuner depending on what type of channel you are watching?  What if you are watching an ATSC channel on the core and an analog channel on a MD, does that mean that your analog channel surfing abilities on the core are revoked?

Along the same line... since I have two tuners in the HVR-2250 does the machine deal with those automagically too?  In other words if the backend is already recording something on Tuner1 and I click on LiveTV will it choose Tuner2 to show me the LiveTV instead?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple TV Tuners Question
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 02:50:40 pm »
MythTV will automatically select the next available un-used tuner based on priorities set for the tuners in MythTV.  If you have only one analog tuner and it is in use then you will not be able to use that tuner on another MD until it is no longer in use.  All channels will show in one big list.  With multiple tuners if the backend is recording and you choose liveTV the second tuner will be automatically selected.

J.

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 08:40:48 pm »
In my core I have a dual ATSC tuner board (HVR-2250) and an analog tuner board (PVR-250).

I have the HVR-2250 also. What did you have to do to get it installed? Mine was not detected so i had to manually enter it in MythTV backend. Did you have to do the same?

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:19:18 am »
In my core I have a dual ATSC tuner board (HVR-2250) and an analog tuner board (PVR-250).

I have the HVR-2250 also. What did you have to do to get it installed? Mine was not detected so i had to manually enter it in MythTV backend. Did you have to do the same?

Its a bug that is getting worked on in the mythtv plugin that is stopping the cards from getting populated within mythconverge.capturecards

Thanks

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards