Author Topic: [Partially SOLVED] Question about Linksys PAP2T-NA with 2 extensions.  (Read 4495 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Hia,
the linksys pap2t-na has 2 FXS ports and only 1 mac address and ip address.
Is it possible to define extension numbers for each of the FXS ports, i.e, FXS1 = extendion 206 and FXS2 = extension 207?
Also considering that you can assign an extension to an user, so when you receive a call, the voice prompts "to dial Paulo, press 1, to dial Paulchen, press 2, to dial Bruna, press 3",  can i create an user called Paulo-Mobile, with extension 204 and an user called fax, with extension 205, so the prompt also continues "to dial Paulomobile, press 4, to dial fax, press 5", so when 4 is selected, it would ring my mobile phone (sip client) and 5 seleted would ring the fax machine?
I did read the wiki http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Nokia_E65 and found it fantastic, but using this instructions, i can create an extension in asterisk, but how would the prompt recognize it and direct an incoming call to it, because no phone for it is created in webadmin, so, the extension assigned using this wiki is not a "known" extension for webamin and the whole integration?
TIA
Paulo
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 12:54:26 am by pw44 »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: [Partially SOLVED] Question about Linksys PAP2T-NA with 2 extensions.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 01:16:05 am »
Hia,

for those who have the PAP2t-NA, i've found a way to use both FXS ports, each with an extension number:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Sipura/Linksys_spa2000 - really good wiki
What i did not get yet was defining how the prompt voice prompts for other an specific extension, i.e. called FAX or how to dial to the extension not listed by the voice prompt.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 02:14:36 am by pw44 »

pbudden

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »
From my own experience with Asterisk and PAP2 boxes, it does seem to pose a problem when attempting to use both FXS ports at the SAME time.
As you pointed out, there is only one MAC address and IP address. This limits the definition of the FXS ports to the assigned extension number.   

There is a reliable resolution...  have FXS1 on port 5060 and port FXS2 on port 5061. 
The SIP data is then directed to the correct FXS port for each internal line.

You will have to match the port in the Asterisk extension properties to the extension/FXS port you desire.

My own configuration has 3 PAP2 boxes and no problems.

This may not resolve you current issue, but may resolve a future issue :)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:38:04 pm »
DO NOT INSTALL EXTENSIONS USING FreePBX! Somebody please delete that Nokia page.

At the very least, go into Wizard > Phones > and create a new generic SIP softphone.

The username and password are the extension #, registrar is 192.168.80.1

simple. Effective, and you get the voice prompts.

I am getting very tired of people not paying attention to the software, and reverting to their geek instincts and making this stuff fifty thousand times more complicated than it actually is!

hmm.

-Thom

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »
Thom,
i understand your point of view, but after digging and digging and not finding how, it was a way to solve it.
I, personally, try to solve reading the wikis, the forum, and when not finding the answer, i do ask. It's not reverting to geek instincts, but trying to make it work. I know there is too much work, and probably less developers than needed to make things work.
I do have some examples of trying to follow the lmce concept, and when it did not work, got no answer.
1) defining the remotes for my tape deck. It works (under AV devices -> advanced options), but can not use it from the OSD Menu.
2) asking about subtitles and getting an ironic answer.
3) asking if there was a way to route a fax to the fax machine connected to a pap2t-na fxs port (no answer).
4) asking how to define the default DSP mode for a given media type (TV, Audio, Video). No answer.
5) can i create an user called Paulo-Mobile, with extension 204 and an user called fax, with extension 205, so the prompt also continues "to dial Paulomobile, press 4, to dial fax, press 5", so when 4 is selected, it would ring my mobile phone (sip client) and 5 seleted would ring the fax machine? - no answer. (this post)
So, it's correct when you say you are tired of people not paying attention to the software.
But for those people (including me) there are two ways: asking and getting help (explanations or pointing wikis with examples), or digging and finding a solution, maybe not the best, and posting to help others in the same situation and needs.  ;)
Not all of us are experts in all the fields covered by lmce and lmce architecture (and it's definitions, where, etc), so it's natural the questions arises.
I will try your suggestion for my nokia.
I did see that you edited the nokia wiki, but some questions arises: realm: is there the need to define realm? and so on....
Best regards,
Paulo

P.S. I do have it working as extension, inside and outside my home, outside via pptp.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 05:18:21 pm by pw44 »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 01:04:28 pm »
Well..... "Somebody please delete that Nokia page"..... and for my questions, no answer... great.