Author Topic: Delayed detection of plug and play devices  (Read 2704 times)

rrambo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Delayed detection of plug and play devices
« on: March 08, 2010, 06:00:30 pm »
Finished my new install of 8.10 beta 22812 Saturday around 1:00pm.. immediately my 3 nas devices appeared as plug and play devices and were configured without any issues..

Here's where things get weird..  The next morning around 10:00am I got an on screen message that plug and play detected the internal hard drive and asked if I wanted to use it as a storage device..  I accepted and everything appeared to be working properly so I wrote that off as a fluke even though it took 21 hours for lmce to detect the internal hard drive as a storage device..

Unfortunately, it happened again.. with another device.. Sunday morning around 8:00am I plugged a new IP camera into my network (but made no attempt to use it with lmce), then Sunday night at 10:30pm I get a message that lmce detected the IP camera and wanted to set it up..  a full 14.5 hours after plugging it in... and to make matters worse, I had unplugged the camera later that afternoon so it wasn't even on the network anymore...

murcel

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Delayed detection of plug and play devices
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:29:53 pm »
same here. no detection at all

kappa__2

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 11:29:15 pm »
Hi.
Same here. No harddisk detection, no media, no dvd play, NAS are detected but not scanned.

That's a shame. It took 4 hours to install...  ???

kappa__2

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:30:53 pm »
Bump.  ;)

Any news or solution on failed harddisk detection?

Thanks