Author Topic: Cannot login to pluto-admin  (Read 4080 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Cannot login to pluto-admin
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:23:26 pm »
I am unable to login to the admin website with the default user (root, and password entered during setup).
From other posts, I have 2 records in the Users Table, and 30 entries in the Device table, and I am able to login via the console and change my password with the passwd command and I show an MD5 hash entry In Users MD5.

I have installed with the latest Kickstart CD but did not install CD #2.
Looks like all updates were done and no errors were encountered during install.

My oribiters are working OK, mythtv also works but I just can't login via the website.

Any help would be appriciated.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:56:53 pm »
On the 3rd attempt I was able to change my password with passwd, now I can access the menus within pluto-admin, but It is telling me I am not authorized to make changes.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Login
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 10:37:23 pm »
same problem.

Multiple new installs.
From console login with root and password created during install no problem.

Pluto admin noway. Did also register on the website plutohome.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Which Password to Use?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 11:50:11 pm »
I had this same problem, and found that the Admin site uses the User Database created during the Wizard.

There is a SQL Script that works to reset that password as well, if you forgot.  I don't have that link, but its in the Forum - or Wiki.

The first user created during the wizard is granted the rights to adminster the Pluto Admin, and the password for that user is the Username itself.

e.g. Username

David entered during the wizard as first user, gets password David and rights to administer.

Hope this helps.

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 01:16:52 am »
You are correct, if you login with the password the same as the user, you can login, but it still does not allow me to make changes.  The system is telling me I do not have the rights to make changes.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Number of Users Created in Wizard
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 05:43:43 am »
The First Username typed in the wizard gets admin rights, the others do not.  Do you remember the username used as the first entry in during installation?  That is the user with rights to edit the configuration.

Here is the link that may help as well.  I was not aware the username and password were the same and used this link to reset.  Perhaps a SQL query will reveal the users you created on initial launch.

http://plutohome.com/wiki/index.php/Reset_the_password_for_the_Pluto_Admin_site

Or within the Plutoadmin, can you see the users and their rights?

Thanks

Dan

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Success
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:34:25 am »
Yes the first user was root with the password root.  Still did not work.

I re-installed again, as a core without the second cd and no updates.

This time when I logged in it said I had no users, so I created the first one, logged in and everything works now.

Thanks to everyone for the help.