Author Topic: TV input always gets set to MD input rather than selected device's input...  (Read 3750 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
I'm having trouble with LinuxMCE selecting the inappropriate input on my television.  LinuxMCE is always selecting the MD input on my TV rather than the selected AV device's input.  I created device templates for my AV Equipment then used the Connection Wizard to setup A/V pipes.  LinuxMCE properly switches the TV input and then immediately switches it back to the MD input.  If I remove the video pipe from the MD to the television LinuxMCE switches the TV inputs properly (except for back to the MD input of course). The audio pipes are all connected (including the MD) and are switching properly.  This was working properly for me before xmas, I did a reinstall in Jan. sometime and this hasn't been working properly since.

Example:  My MD is connected to the 'PC' input on my television and the MiniDisc input on my receiver.  My PVR is connected to 'HDMI2' on my television and 'DTV/CBL' on my receiver.  If I select the PVR from an orbiter the receiver switches properly, but the television switches to 'HDMI2' and then immediately back to the 'PC' input.  

If I remove the MD's video pipe to the television then selecting PVR from my orbiter switches the receiver and television properly, of course it can't switch back because the MD video pipe doesn't exist.  I have deleted the television device and recreated it but with the same results.  Anyone have any ideas?

J.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:52:37 pm by phenigma »

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
longshot from my side but I had similar "issue" with my receiver(if I understood your problem correctly) when listening to radio. It kept turning the lmce input on all the time after a while and I could not understand why..

Noticed(remembered) that I had configured the radio as media provider must have had a brainshortage when doing that.. but now it works just as I want.
at least something to look at :)

-johan

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Having a different though possibly related issue. Everything works fine if I start with the TV in a powered-on state. If the power is off, my Tv (controlled via rs232) switches to my Wii (as desired) and then back to the MD input after 2 or 3 seconds. My audio receiver follows suit.

I couldn't find any info on how to setup a device like the wii which does not accept IR or serial control, so I just guessed and made it an iR controlled device with no associated IR codes.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
johanr: I will have another look through the templates

davegravy: that sounds similar to what I'm seeing here.  I too have created my Wii, PS3 and PVR as IR devices.

J.

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
johanr: I will have another look through the templatesIt's not in the templates.
web admin > Files media > Media Providers
Although since you didn't know you have probably not even touched it. :)

If you look at the DCErouter.log you can possibly trace and see why the TV is switched back. Who is initiating it. It really feels like LMCE is "misunderstanding" what you are trying to achieve.

Do a tail -f when testing and you will hopefully see something.

-johan

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
johanr: I will have another look through the templatesIt's not in the templates.

Nope havn't touched the Media Providers section then.

Do a tail -f when testing and you will hopefully see something.

That's next.  Thanks for the suggestions!

J.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
So I've done some checking of the DCERouter.log here's what I'm seeing, the inputs actually switch exactly how the DCERouter.log says:

For my television (using the TV input names):
OrbiterSelection     DCERouter.logShows:     ResendAVCodesShows:
Wii                            Component 1                      PC
PS3                           HDMI1                               PC
PVR                           HDMI2 *then* PC                PC

For my Receiver (using the Receiver input names):
OrbiterSelection     DCERouter.logShows:     ResendAVCodesShows:
Wii                            CD                                     CD
PS3                           DVD                                   DVD
PVR                           CBL/SAT *then* MD             CBL/SAT

My system is switching exactly as the log says it is.  The resend AV codes screens on all orbiters show PC input on my TV under all conditions (even when it is not).  The orbiter shows the correct values for what my Receiver *should* be set to.  LinuxMCE is out to lunch when I select my PVR.  The orbiter buttons show the Wii and PS3 are of type 'Game' and the PVR is 'LiveTV' <- could this be the issue?  EDIT: Nope, I changed it to type 'Game' and no difference.

J.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:17:13 pm by phenigma »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
When I select PVR a 'Turn on' command is sent to the MD (Zotac ION) after LinuxMCE has changed the inputs on the television (this is what is setting the inputs back).  When I select Wii or PS3 a 'Turn On' command is *not* sent to the MD (Zotac ION).  

A noticable difference is that the following line shows for the Wii & PS3 but does not appear in the DCERouter.log when I select the PVR:
05      03/02/10 14:45:00.086           Media_Plugin::StartMedia() function call completed with honors! <0x86fdcb90>
So...  It appears that something might be failing when I select PVR which then causes an MD 'on' command to be sent... no orbiter and no PSS because the rest of the system thinks the PVR is showing (no stop media command has been sent).

I'm hoping someone has an insight into this...  anyone?

J.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 10:17:50 pm by phenigma »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
phenigma,

as a note, there is a known bug that causes the switching of the inputs to fail, IF the MD thinks the display is not yet turned on. For example:

You selected turn off display
Next time you try to play something from an external device, it will switch to the external device and a few seconds later will switch back to the MD and stay there.

To circumvent that problem try:

Turn on the device
If the input ends up wrong, use the Orbiter to turn the device off. After that, turn it back on, and everything should be fine.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Thanks Posde.  I am aware of that issue and I do see that happening with 2 of my external devices (ps3 and wii templates), when it does I use the orbiter to switch the device off and then select it again from the orbiter and the inputs are set correctly.  This is the issue that davegravy was describing earlier in this thread and I have always seen this behaviour.

My issue seems to be happening with only one of my external devices regardless of whether LMCE thinks the display is on or off. 

Seperate from the inputs not being set properly all of my orbiters show my television is always on the MD's input (resend AV codes screen), even when LMCE has properly set it to another input...  I'm going to keep investigating.

J.