Author Topic: 810 installation hangs when detecting file systems at 15%  (Read 5179 times)

TonyBryan

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
810 installation hangs when detecting file systems at 15%
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:30:39 am »
Hi all,

Following difficulties installing 710, I'm now trying to install 810 on an Acer Revo 3610.  The installation GUI comes up, but after selecting "guided install - use entire disk" the installer just hangs at 15% of "detecting file systems".  Eventually, ifI leave it long enough the machine reboots, but nothing has changed on the hard drive partitiions.

I've seen a few posts on line for people with the same issue, but haven't seen anyone actually solve this problem.  I've tried installing Kubuntu first, then LMCE but get the same result.  My next plan is to use gparted to partition the HDD first, then install LMCE.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Thanks,
T

nightcanton

• View Profile
Re: 810 installation hangs when detecting file systems at 15%
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 06:15:09 pm »
Did this ever get solved?  I'm having the same problem.  

My install is hanging on formatting the main partition of my drive.  I have tried 3 different hard drives (2 sata and 1 IDE), different burned DVD, Tested all hardware with 2 different all inclusive utilities and STILL can't get past the partition formatting piece.

I even tried doing the install via booting into the LiveCD and formated the partitions that the previous install created hoping that it would just skip the formatting.  Thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:43:28 pm by nightcanton »

nightcanton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:18:28 am »
Never figured it out but just installed 7.10 and it is working great.

TonyBryan

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:29:08 pm »
Never solved the problem.  I had to install Kubuntu 0810 from the alternate CD, which worked, and I'm now installing LMCE over the top.  While this had worked previously the machine was hanging when rebooting after install, due to a problem with the Atheros wifi card.  I've temporarily removed the wifi card, and I'll get that working later.

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:03:54 pm »
I had similar issue a few times with 0710 DVD installation. I solved it by installed first Kubuntu or Ubuntu and then re-install LinuxMCE from DVD. It looks like some problem with formatting HDD or so.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

THEVILLAIN

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 07:18:07 am »
Try deleting partitions, then re-installing fresh.

Also check for Bad Sectors, and bad memory.

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 07:29:14 pm »
Try resetting your bios to defaults

if you have a wireless nic and can turn it off do so on install and then you can re enable prior to installing lmce

always trouble shoot by taking your system back down to its minimum

Thanks

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

TonyBryan

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 10:58:41 am »
I ended up removing the wifi card and running the install again.  It worked.  C'est la vie.

I now have 810 beta running perfectly as a hybrid core/md on an Acer Aspire Revo R3610, if anyone's interested.  I'm just using 1 NIC, but finding its ability to route traffic from the virtual 192.168.80.0/24 subnet onto my home 192.168.0.0/24 network pretty slow, so I'm installing laptop orbiters, NAS drives etc on the virtual internal NIC to take advantage of plugnplay, then manually chaning the IPs to static IPs on the physical net.  This is working fine so far!