Author Topic: LG LCD Template  (Read 55555 times)

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
LG LCD Template
« on: March 01, 2010, 04:50:19 am »
A number of people have contributed to building a template for a LG LCD as described here:

http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/LG_42LB5D

As listed in the wiki, there should be a template here:  /usr/pluto/pnp/20_LGLCD.sh

but the only template is the 20_LG_TV which points to a 1915 template, not a 1905 as listed in the wiki.

When I plug in my LG tv and pick from the available templates ("20 LS7D (RS232)") is added to the system, but when looking at the ruby code, nothing is programmed (on/off, video select, etc).

Judging from this http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/browser/branches/LinuxMCE-0810/src/pluto_main/Define_DeviceTemplate.h?rev=22816 looks to confirm that the template was never added.

Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:40:23 am by huh »

MANDINGO

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: LG LCD Template
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 07:21:46 am »
i do not have that TV, but ill make it and put it into the CVS and commit a new pnp script into the SVN that will detect all the LG TV's in that series, ill post back when im done and its in  ;D

Thanks

Mandingo
For a Current List of Plug and Play Capture Cards/Devices
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Capture_Cards

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 03:21:12 pm »
Thank you very much.   I do not have one of the models listed in the wiki, but from the manual I think those codes will work for my model as well. 

sedgington

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 01:55:28 pm »
Should I be looking here or elsewhere for the post that it has been done? Also any help on how to retrieve where you post it and install it would be greatly appreciated as I don't have experience with what you posted as the destination.

I'm having exactly the same problem getting rs232 to work on my LG TV--despite the fact that the commands work beautifully from the command line--a functional template would be great. The LG template description in the wiki andincluded in 7.10 gives me compile errors about expecting a $end and finding a kend. Even when I create a new template with only a single command and it says it compiles OK, when you test the command inside the web admin page they do not show up as being sent in the "follow log" for the TV (the send command on the advanced page for the AV device does show up). Any help greatly appreciated

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:13:57 am »
i do not have that TV, but ill make it and put it into the CVS and commit a new pnp script into the SVN that will detect all the LG TV's in that series, ill post back when im done and its in  ;D

Thanks

Mandingo

Mandingo-  have you had a chance to look at this?  Per this post, it looks like if the code were to correctly read the plugged-in TV then the code would run as desired:  http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9822.0

TIA

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:42:05 pm »
I submitted a Template for 37" LG which should work for any of the new LG series
Just use
template number 2126

I will try to tweak some of the PNP stuff shortly.

anyone want to test see me in irc  #linuxmce
ask for
tkmedia

tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:19:48 am »
Tim,

I just bought a LG LD450, and I started testing your LG template. I've trying to do things like turn down the volume and/or mute the tv, but I'm not seeing the commands change the status on the TV. I believe I have correctly added the template to my MD which connected to my TV, but I was thinking that there might be something missing. Please let me know if you need for me to submit a screenshot for you.

Thanks,

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core
GPU: GPU: XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:21 pm »
i do not have that TV, but ill make it and put it into the CVS and commit a new pnp script into the SVN that will detect all the LG TV's in that series, ill post back when im done and its in  ;D

Thanks

Mandingo

Mandingo,

Can you give me a hand with some of the code in the template? I'm having trouble with raising and lowering the volume.

Ernesto
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:35:11 pm by Rukus »
Core/Generic Hybrid MD

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 12:56:43 am »
Hey Guys,

I'm using tkmedias LG template 2126 to control my LG LH3000. It's great to hit menu and the TV turns on. Finish watching and after a while it turns off.

I had three small problems:
1. In order for it to pnp seemlessly I changed the pnp script on the md (/usr/pluto/pnp/20_LG_TV.sh) to point to this template.
2. The volume control didn't work. I have altered the ruby codes to send fixed upper and lower volume level commands as a short term fix.
3. I had to manually adjust the device id in the ruby codes to fit my installation.

Although I have a manually adjusted working set-up I don't have the ruby skills to make this all plug and play.

Hope this helps.
Barney

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 01:18:40 am »
Hey Guys,

I'm using tkmedias LG template 2126 to control my LG LH3000. It's great to hit menu and the TV turns on. Finish watching and after a while it turns off.

I had three small problems:
1. In order for it to pnp seemlessly I changed the pnp script on the md (/usr/pluto/pnp/20_LG_TV.sh) to point to this template.
2. The volume control didn't work. I have altered the ruby codes to send fixed upper and lower volume level commands as a short term fix.
3. I had to manually adjust the device id in the ruby codes to fit my installation.

Although I have a manually adjusted working set-up I don't have the ruby skills to make this all plug and play.

Hope this helps.
Barney

Barney,

Can you provide us with the code you used, so I can test on the 20_LG_TV.sh template? This would go a long way ensuring the base template is working properly, and allow users to create model specific templates in the future.

Thanks,

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 01:22:49 am »

Barney,

Can you provide us with the code you used, so I can test on the 20_LG_TV.sh template? This would go a long way ensuring the base template is working properly, and allow users to create model specific templates in the future.

Thanks,

Ernesto

Ditto- I'd like to test as well.

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 01:28:33 am »
My changes globally change the LG pnp script to point to tkmedia's template. I don't know any other way to do it.

The script is very small so I'll post it here. The only change is the 2126 on the line before last.
Barney

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/bash

echo "LG TV Detection script queue $2"
/usr/pluto/bin/TestSerialPort -p $3 -P N81 -b 9600 -t "ka 01 01\r\n" -s "a 01 " -i 8

if [[ "$?" -ne 0 ]]; then
echo "It's not a LG TV"
/usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend dcerouter -r 0 $1 1 806 224 $2 13 "$4" 44 0
else
echo "It is an LG TV"
/usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend dcerouter -r 0 $1 1 806 224 $2 13 "$4" 44 2126
fi

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 01:36:36 am »
My changes globally change the LG pnp script to point to tkmedia's template. I don't know any other way to do it.

The script is very small so I'll post it here. The only change is the 2126 on the line before last.
Barney

#!/bin/bash

echo "LG TV Detection script queue $2"
/usr/pluto/bin/TestSerialPort -p $3 -P N81 -b 9600 -t "ka 01 01\r\n" -s "a 01 " -i 8

if [[ "$?" -ne 0 ]]; then
echo "It's not a LG TV"
/usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend dcerouter -r 0 $1 1 806 224 $2 13 "$4" 44 0
else
echo "It is an LG TV"
/usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend dcerouter -r 0 $1 1 806 224 $2 13 "$4" 44 2126
fi

My bad dude, I meant the ruby code for volume up and down.

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 01:42:52 am »
In the template ruby snippet just give the vol up and vol down fixed values.
print "raising volume from ", @volume, "\n"
cmd_313(15)
This is my vol up command. Pressing vol up just sets the volume at 9 (it is reduced to 64% in the script).

Not perfect but I have a fixed up .... a fixed down cmd_313(5) ... and mute works.
Barney

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 01:31:18 am »
OK. Almost got this template 2126 fully working using manual (ugly hack) script adjustments.

I had to change several references with the wrong device id in the ruby codes (I'd missed one).

Now Volume and mute controls work normally. Only weirdness is that when the volume climbs to 9 the next step is 16 and the same in reverse. I think this is to do with the script.

I will keep trying and report back.
Barney