Author Topic: LG LCD Template  (Read 55551 times)

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: LG LCD Template
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2011, 11:02:35 pm »
Thanks Stefan,

Does the LG's digital tuner work using the lmce orbiter? I don't have an aerial attached to test. Any problems using it this way?

If you're happy I'll add your improvements to the thread and we can submit it.
Barney

ladekribs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2011, 05:43:53 pm »
Hi Barney

Yes the digital tuner works I have not programmed the tv with the channels in the right order, bute selecting either analog or digital works.

BR Stefan

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2011, 01:32:43 am »
I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem, but I keep getting the following message whenever I perform a router reload instead of the LG PNP script.

"You connected a Generic USB to RS232 dongle(Generic / Serial Ports)."

I also get the following output when I try to launch the LG script.

LG TV Detection script queue
Unknown: N81
TestSerialPort, v.2.0.0.44.11011423616
Usage: TestSerialPort [-p port] [-P N81|E81|O81] [-t transmit string]
[-s Search String] [-m message to log] [-i Timeout] [-b baud] [-h]
strings can include: \xx (xx is a hex char), \r and \n, and to delay x ms, \sxm
\~ means send a break
-M puts it in monitor mode where it just reports the state
  of hardware flow control until ctrl+c is pressed
It's not a LG TV
RESP: UNHANDLED

I hope this doesn't mean that my serial port is damaged, or malfunctioning. Please help.

Thanks,

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core
GPU: GPU: XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2011, 10:43:54 pm »
Attention all LG Users: :o

A big thanks to merkur2k

The LG Template (2126) has been reworked and should be pnp for most newer LG TV's
Speed of input switching is amazing.
Many functions have been added and more to come.

Those that would like to use the new template should:
apt-get upgrade
sqlcvsupdate
delete your device.
reload router
let it get redetected.

Again big thanks to Merkur2k for his efforts.   :-*

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

b4rney

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2011, 11:21:28 pm »
Excellent,

Thanks merkur2k.

Barney

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2011, 07:23:06 am »
Again big thanks to Merkur2k for his efforts.   :-*

Ditto- this template works great on my 32LH40.  I am using a serial -> serial cable (no usb at all) so had to manually add the template, but after stating as such, Sara appeared and everything is working great.

As a request- is there anyway for the TV to get an off signal before the MD shuts down?  I have an old Dell laptop with a very loud CPU fan in the bedroom, so I turn the laptop off at night.  Unfortunately, the TV does not shut off with the laptop and instead displays a no signal screensaver.  Otherwise, the commands are virtually instantaneous.  Changing the channel or volume seem just as quick as if I were using the factory remote (I am using a GYR3101-US, BTW) to send a RF signal to my laptop which LMCE then sends to my TV.

Thanks again- this works great!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2011, 07:43:29 am »
If you turn off your laptop via the Orbiter, it should turn off the TV as well, afaik

etNHGfU8

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2011, 10:45:28 pm »
I continue to fail to be able to get my hybrid to interact with my LG TV.

I rebuilt my system from scratch again on March 9th, 2011 with the most recent snapshot available. It appeared that it contained all of the necessary changes.

Sara failed to recognize the TV during installation so today I finally went ahead and created the device from the admin using the 2126 device template at which point stuff showed up on the screen and took me to Sara to complete the installation. I also set the "COM Port on PC" to be the USB1 specific selection from the admin. I then pressed the Test code button for #192 On from the Edit IR codes page but nothing happened to the TV. Is there a log file somewhere that captured the action?

The following successfully turns on the TV:
/usr/pluto/bin/TestSerialPort -p /dev/ttyUSB1 -P N81 -b 9600 -t "ka 00 01\r\n" -s "a 01 " -i 8

- Tom

merkur2k

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2011, 03:36:10 pm »
i have found that the "test code" button does not work for me...
the tv device itself makes a log, you can watch that (tail it on the command line or use the web admin). make sure the device is enabled and registered.

etNHGfU8

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2011, 04:03:11 pm »
Success!!!

Although I thought that Sara had forced a router restart it appears that one still needed to be done based on the log. So I rebooted the system and to my great delight the power button on my remote would cause the TV to turn off and on. Fortunately that is all of the functionality that I require.

If anyone can point me in a direction to track down why Sara failed to auto-detect the TV then I would attempt to track down the cause of that issue.

Thanks!!!

Now I'm off to figure out why the AVWizard doesn't want to show up during the reboot.  I need to change the UI since TV playback is showing a poor quality picture.

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2011, 12:32:31 pm »
When I plug in my LG, everything seems to work great, I follow the instructions, the commands work, fantastic.

However, whenever I restart or reload the MD, the detection script always runs again (and not just the LG script, there are a few others also for hardware that I don't even have; "denon" is one of them).

I have to cancel the wizard, reload, and then the script runs again. It does stop happening eventually, but it's 50/50 whether the TV will still be working afterwards (for instance last night it completely removed itself). What am I doing wrong? Should I be completing the wizard each time, or will that just keep adding new TVs?

TV is a 42LH4000. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2011, 01:04:02 pm »
It is a known bug that we are trying to track down. Sorry about that. :(

-Thom

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2011, 01:52:47 pm »
Not sure why you're apologising, but thank you anyway :)

Is there a quick and dirty workaround for now?

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2011, 02:45:17 am »
Hi Barney,

I'm having problems with the USB part, for some reason it is not using the port or not working and I don't know what is going on.  PNP does not detects the LG tv, but if I run manually try serial test script I can control the tv.  I´m using a USB so it is ttyUSB0 under port part.
I added manually the TV as I found on another post using the AV part on the wizard, then changing manually the port using webadmin.  Since  I did the serial hack, i´m able to see all the available "serial ports" under the MD, I just select from the drop down the /dev/ttyUSB0 and update and reload but nothing.
I know the cable is ok because i get response from the TV and also the USB to serial has a little LED so I´m able to see if there is activity.

Thanks for your help and to anyone that is reading, all the help is welcome!!  :)

Cheers,

Tomas

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2011, 04:50:28 pm »
Hi to all,

I figure it out!  ;D, by default the device is disabled... I think I read that some time ago and now it just realized what does that ment.  On webadmin,A/V equipment, the Device## with template 2126,  under advance, the disabled option was checked!!!!
Uncheck, quick router reload, and voila!!!
I have to configure now the tunner! and the DENON receiver.
So, I neve got the PNP to detect the LCD but by adding it manually worked ok!, so in terms of this post, the template is good!

Thank for posting, without the information within this forum, this would have been impossible.

Shared info:  I have a core/hybrid and planning to do a raid5 but it is sitting only as core, as MD I´m using a ZOTAC MAG 330, connected to it LG 32LH70 LCD, I have only tested VDPAU video with online  FLASH videos with great success @HD and 1080p.
Two usb to rs232, that only worked with the serial hack, one for the TV and the other will be used for the DENON
If anyone needs any help with this similar configuration, I´m incredible new on this but I'll do my best to share my little experience.

Sorry for the spelling, english is not my native language

Thanks again,

Tomas