Author Topic: hulu use question  (Read 3972 times)

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
hulu use question
« on: February 26, 2010, 03:55:29 pm »
I just installed 810 b2 and the hulu plugin.  It works, but I cannot figure out how to back out of a video once it is playing full screen.  I'm using a MS remote and it seems like all I have to work with in hulu are the arrow keys and OK button.  I can stop hulu completely and get back to lmce, but I don't know how to stop what is playing in hulu and back out to the main hulu screen.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: hulu use question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:27:21 pm »
How does one setup the hulu pluggin?

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:57:03 pm »
Enigmus:
see this: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9655.0

If you or someone else wouldn't mind wiki-fying the minimal set of those instructions, that would be great.  There is currently not a Hulu page at all...

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 06:08:16 pm »
As mentioned in the thread jimbodude posted (which I read before attempting hulu), hulu_plugin.so was not installed so I had to apt-get it.  Beyond that, with a fresh install from the 810 beta 2 DVD everything else was ready.  I just went into the media wizard from web admin and clicked the hulu button.  I suspect the plugin is simply a missing dependency of lmce-hulu-player that will soon be fixed.  

It's pretty cool, but until I figure out how to back out of a show without completely exiting hulu, or until mapping/control is added to do this, it's a bit clunky.  

edit:  I'm also not sure if you can get to the volume control in hulu right now, but that's no big deal IMHO.

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 06:13:44 pm »
hulu_plugin.so was not installed so I had to apt-get it.

I believe this has been corrected in sqlCVS.

I don't think all the controls are done yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is no remote button to back out.  I know the Orbiter buttons don't work.  You might have to use a keyboard for now...

skeptic

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 06:40:20 pm »
Good info, thanks.  Just having hulu at all is fantastic, I fully expect issues like this with the beta version.  I just didn't know if it was me not hitting the right thing or not. 

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 06:56:10 pm »
skeptic,
I have both Gyration mice, (5-buttons & Full remote) both when I click the right mouse button while I'm watching a movie, I see a "Menu" button on top left of the screen next to the star rating, this should take you back to select another movie or whatever you want.
If you have a low resolution, you can not read the word "Menu" because it is small.
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 07:59:26 am »
UPDATE: I have checked in a fix here:
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/changeset/22971

which resolves the hanging Hulu Player problem, using the fix I detailed above.

-Thom