i finally got my new hybrid, installed it and configured some stuff. while playing around, testing everything, i made a list of questions - hopefully you can answer them
1) MKV Files: xine is playing the mkv files, but it stops working if a file is bigger than 9gb. so i have to rename it to m2ts that mplayer handles it. is that a known bug in xine? personally i would want xine to stream those videos, since mplayer cant pause the movie
2) updating lmce: what update mechanisms are available? i found out that in the webadmin there is a link called "force update" (More --> Advanced Options --> Force Upgrade Now) - can this be pressed without destroying the whole system? "force" sounds so hard, i am afraid to destroy it
There is another link i found: sqlcvs update. Whats that for?
3) RAM: i have 2x2GB ram installed, but since its a 32bit kubuntu it just recognizes 2,3GB - am i able to change that somehow?
4) iTunes: is the lmce audio library possible to play music that was bought via iTunes?
5) Audio playing: is there anything like a visualization, as we know it from windows media player, for the audio? i personally like that stuff and its better than having pictures/flickr in the background
6) 100% cpu: while playing 1080p movies (between 6 to 25GB per file), one core gets stressed by mplayer / xine to 100%. is this normal? can i somehow lay some calculations on the GPU?
7) i dont know how to explain that exactly - i hope you will understand ... when playing videos on my philips aurea (40'', full hd) it looks like parts of the screen are later updated than others. the best example is a flying camera over some mountains (braveheart intro e.g.) - the lower part is running smooth, the top quarter is updated later so you see the delay (looks like lagging). if you dont understand it i can try recording the screen and post the video here.
thanks for answering my questions