Bought a new hdd and swapped it with my old 7.10 hdd just to have a fallback plan since apparently this is a live system and needs to be working 24/7 (or at least when my son and wife is awake)
Using same hw as I had on 7.10 (which works)
Mobo is ABIT AN-M2HD with one Hdmi and one VGA
I am confused.
I have a panasonic ae 3000 connected to the hdmi via an onkyo 906. same bios settings as before and Nothing changed except the hdd and off course the new 8.10.
When I try to choose the hdmi(720p 60hz or 50hz) via avwizard using temporary monitor connected to Vga. It just fires up the higher res. settings on the VGA output.
- I have tried using HDMI-2 option
- I can disable the hdmi audio in the bios and tried that one.(same bios settings though as being used currently in the 7.10)
- Tried changing the settings to what I want and then after lmce was up restarting and having only the hdmi connected.
- connected the Pana directly to the hdmi on the mobo
- been playing around with EDID(true and false) in the Xorg conf files
-changing xorg conf vertikal and horisontal freq. values to same as in 7.10
- hdmi connection works when using hdmi -> dvi cable connected to PC monitor..
I just dont understand this, I am now running the other hdd with 7.10 and that one works just fine..
Kernel, am I using the latest and greatest?
I attach a cropped version of the printout from when I was remotely logged into the system and started the avwizard, changing settings to my liking to log and see what was going wrong and in the end killed it(?) by hitting ctrl-c but I cannot find anything weird..
why work in 7.10 but not at all in 8.10?