Author Topic: rs-232 conflict(?) need guidance..  (Read 2660 times)

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
rs-232 conflict(?) need guidance..
« on: February 25, 2010, 09:32:31 pm »
in my current setup I am controlling a Onkyo receiver over serial from the core. I am using the aten usb to serial converter.

Now I am working on a new template for the Panasonic AE3000 projector and I really want to get that controlled via serial.
So I have created a template under panasonic tv:s.
Defined the basic codes(on/off) as I have understood they should be written.
Then I have copied the commands from Onkyo template for the internal commands.

Problem:
It seems like as soon as I connect the serial to usb adapter(same brand as the onkyo one) The core looses connection to the Onkyo and puts it into "disable" and not registered..

Even though the bus id is not the same, can it be so that there will be a conflict since they are using the same brand? not the same adapter but the brand is same..
If not, then I wonder if I have exceeded my powerlimit by using to many(only 3 though) usb devices. I just feel it is not very likely since rs-232 does not draw much current as I know..

Question:
1. based on the above explanation, can it be a conflict?

Br
Johan

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: rs-232 conflict(?) need guidance..
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 08:33:36 pm »
Johan-

Does the Ruby code disable the devices if it doesn't reply?  The Denon receiver code does this in  Command #355 Process Initialize.  If it does, remove that code and see what happens.

johanr

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: rs-232 conflict(?) need guidance..
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:01:30 pm »
Hi!

Yes, there seem to be so, Thanks!
 However it does not answer the question why it would?

Anyways for some strange reason I have them both connected and I have had no problems like the onkyo being disabled. Guess that was sort of a onetimer, maybe because some faulty(by me) settings in the connection wizard or lack of..

I now told the lmce that the Panasonic is connected to the onkyo Output.
Cant get it working though.. but that will be posted in the other thread about the Pana..

-johan