Author Topic: Hauppauge pvr 150 problems  (Read 12758 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Hauppauge pvr 150 problems
« on: October 11, 2006, 01:21:16 am »
Hi all,

Okay. So I am trying to get my system setup for the first time here. The install has run perfectly. Much improved over teh .39 release. Great work by the developers I must say.

Any who. I have a Hauppauge pvr150 card in my system. If I go to the mythtv setup, it does not see my card.

In the MD section of the admin site, I have added both the IVTV capture card and the blackbird cards to see if that would help. In both cases, Myth TV was still unable to see my cards.

I found a post saying that I may need to go and download a firmware update. I did a search for 'plutohome''firmaware' and found a site that had a link to some software updates. The two I isntalled by going to advance, software, update (I belevie) in the admin site. I loaded the IVTV drivers and the blackbird drivers. Both instlalled fine.

I tried again to use myth with no success. Is the software I instlaled not the firmware update? If not, how do I go about doing that? If it was the update. What am I missing here?

O yeah, this is a hybrid machine running .40.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Update
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 09:50:33 am »
Okay,

After reading more manuals from mythtv.org and the pluto stuff I have a few more questions but have also answered some of my questions above I think.

In order for mythtv to use my pvr150 cards it needs to things. One is the IVTV drivers and the second is the firmware downloaded from Hauppauge.

From what I read on the mythtv site. The firmware does not actually get instlaled into the cards ROM. Rather it is loaded each tiem the mythtv system boots.

If that is correct then I need to know this.

1. Does Pluto version .40 ship with the IVTV drivers. If no, do I instlal them into the same place as outlined by the Mythtv guide? If it does are they instlaled in the same place as outlined by the Mythtv guide?

2. Is the firmware for pvr 150 cards included with the .40 version of pluto? If not. Do I install it in the location recomended by the MythTV guide? If yes, is it installed into the default location outlined by the Myth TV guide?

3. Assuming the drivers and firmware fiels are all loaded. Do I add an option for a IVTV based card under my media director in the admin site. Quick reload router. Choose myth TV setup and it should work?

Any help would be appreciated.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 12:03:21 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this helps, but I remember that some time ago, cold reboot helped, cause firmware was only then properly loaded on card. and if I remember right, this was needed to do only once...

My pvr350 setup is currently recording with no sound, but didn't dig into it yet...

HTH,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 04:14:06 pm »
with .41 release you should be able to use the pvr card correctly.
the firmware is loaded without any reboot, we have the accept of the developers to use the firmware with pluto.
just do the mythtv setup.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 07:26:08 pm »
Hi,

I'm also trying such install, (I suppose the wiki Myth install is outdated as most info there is different in the admin pages).

My problem is the the MythSetting is empty.
I added the IVTV to the MD, the MCE500 card initialises correctly.

Did you have this before (empty MythSetting)?

Kind regards,

Christian

P.S. Congratulations for your work.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 10:42:02 am »
yeah, that page is empty because isn't finished.
the setup is done using mythtv setup from computing screen

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 08:46:25 pm »
Thanks,

The quality of pluto is so high that I didn't think it could be on purpose.

Thank you again,

Christian