Author Topic: NVIDA H264 Codec  (Read 36980 times)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
NVIDA H264 Codec
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:23:37 pm »
I am running a core and MD both with NVIDA 7600GS video cards which under XP will playback my home videos which are 30Mb bit rate .m2ts files but under linuxmce the videos are in slow motion though the sound is fine also some of them have horz lines through them, is it time to upgrade to newer 9 series video cards to overcome this. Currently running 810 b2 with NVIDA 195.36 drivers...any advice is always much appreciated
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:10:20 am by Beeker »

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: NVIDA Question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 05:08:03 pm »
Beeker, i have the same 7600GS and have no problems with video playback.

Are you streaming on the MD over the network or on the core/hybrid? In other words, where are your video files located.... NAS, internal drive, etc...

Are you running 100Mb network? if so maybe time to upgrade :)

Richard

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: NVIDA Question
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 05:39:07 pm »
Hi Richard,
Great news that someone has a 7600GS working I assume from your post that you can watch high bit rate HD videos without problems,

I am running gigabit lan, and it does the same on the core/hybrid or streaming to the md. I thought the 7600GS would be fine so I am not sure where the issue is as I can play back any other types of files with out problems. I have also set the file type as Blu-ray but this made no difference and have tried all the video card accelerations as well. The files are on the core in a software raid 5 with 5 x 1.5TB Seagate HDD's

Cheers
Beeker

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: NVIDA H264 Codec
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:15:26 am »
Hi Richard,
Just some further info I can play 30Mbit mpegs on the core and across the network on the other md so it must be something to do with the H264 codec that my Panasonic HD camera uses that MCE does not like........if anybody has any feedback that would be appreciated

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 03:49:07 pm »
Hi Beeker,
are you running .m2ts files on lmce with sound? Could you tell me how did you get sound under mplayer?
Cheers,
Paulo

douglas_fr

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:25:54 pm »
Hi !!
When i play a file.m2ts i listen sound but the movie Jerk
i create file.m2ts with makemkv
How made you to see a film hd

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:11 pm »
Hi Paulo,
Have not done anything special when I did my install, so I couldn't tell you if it is using mplayer or xine when playing pack the .m2ts files, I just click on them and they worked straight away apart from the video issue. Do you know how to configure the players and tell which one is being used, maybe then I can check my configuration settings and fix my video issue and if I can work that out it might give us a clue as to why you have no sound.

Cheers
Beeker

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:05:15 am »
Hi Beeker,
i just asked because you could have configured mplayer (.mplayer/config), and in this case, i would ask you for you config.
When using .m2ts, mplayer is used instead of xine, according to the wiki.
Thx for answering.

Douglas_fr, i renamed the .mks file to .m2ts, and it played, but without sound (video and subtitles worked well).

Cheers,
Paulo

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:17:03 am »
Hey Paulo,
Do you know where I can find out how to configure the players

Cheers
Beeker

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 05:35:57 am »
Beeker, I'll try to download some video with the H.264 codec and report back if it runs on my system.

Richard

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 06:11:22 am »
Thanks Richard...............I could send you a sample of mine if you have an FTP site that I can upload it to as my FTP site is stuffed at the moment and I am still trying to fix it.

Cheers
Beeker

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 10:35:31 am »
this is going to be interesting.
I'm having some mkvs, which won't play at all. I renamed them to m2ts and they do play, but the sound gets out of synch.

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 10:44:28 am »
Hi Maverick,
My mkv files would not play under 710 and when I upgraded to 810 b2 they would play but had no sound but after having to do another rebuild over the weekend for other reasons now all my mkv files play perfectly with sound, so all I need to do is get my m2ts files working and I will be a happy Vegemite. If someone can tell me how to check my xine and mplayer configurations I could post those and it may be helpful.

Cheers
Beeker

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 01:35:52 pm »
Hi Beeker,
the configuration for mplayer is the ~/.mplayer/config and for xine, ~/.xine/config, under linux operating system (in our case, under kubuntu 8.10).
For mplayer, take a look at: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-77329.html
Now, for lmce, xine config is /etc/pluto/xine.conf and mplayer, i don't know yet.... i guess it will be /root/.mplayer/config, but i need to research.
The other issue for me is where to define the default player, for ALL video media, so playing avi, mpeg, mkv, wmv and m2ts uses mplayer instead of xine (which may work well but with issues regarding subtitles). But first i have to solve the sound issue, finding the config file and testing. And testing if it uses the standard (video.avi with video.srt, instead of video.avi and video.avi.srt).
Cheers,
Paulo
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:38:14 pm by pw44 »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 02:52:44 pm »
For subtitles or other configuration change on pluto-xine, the MD MUST be rebuilt, even if it's the hybrid. The orbiter also must regenerated.
So, remaining is the mplayer sound configuration for H264.