Ok, I have my 810 core installed. Currently, I have no Media Directors, but I do have the network all set up as-per the "correct" settings.
I have ripped a couple of CDs and a couple of DVDs to the core. I have set the CD ripping format to .mp3. (DVDs appear to be being ripped as .iso) My first MD is next on the hit-list once I have this bit going
So far so good. I then went to the Media Tomb admin page in WebAdmin and told it to scan the public MCE directory structure. I have then attempted to access the files from both a PS3 and Windoze media player.
- I seem to have 2 media servers listed on both devices. MediaTomb and DCERouter. The latter has no media on it.
- Cd's seem to play fine. (Although when I left the default .ogg ripping format, they didn't)
- Pictures appear, but so do the thumbnails
- DVDs don't appear at all
- All directories appear under all media types on the PS3
1) How do I make my DVDs appear?
2) Is there any way I can apply a filename filter to the files that are scanned to stop the thumbnails appearing? (At the moment it's still Flickr, but I want to put family pics there eventually.)
3) How do I stop the "Empty" media server appearing? I'd also like to rename the working one from Media Tomb to something more family-friendly