Author Topic: Pluto and PPPOE  (Read 10110 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto and PPPOE
« on: October 08, 2006, 07:01:41 am »
I have Pluto installed and have PPPOE working on the core.  Core can pin outside addresses.  However, no clients can access the internet.  I have two NICS as suggested.  What do I need to do.  Thanks

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto and PPPOE
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 11:43:33 am »
Hi,

I've written my procedure here :

http://plutohome.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_setup_ADSL_access%3F

Now my adsl setup works. Hopefully I didn't forget anything crucial... Let us know if that works for you...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
additional help please
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 02:56:06 am »
Thanks for the reply.  Now mind you, I am very green when it comes to Linux.  Thanks for the time you used to put the doc to gether.  However, I am going to need some additional help.  Per your doc I configured the netowrk cards for the internal and external address.  Done.  I used the PPOECONFIG (acutally the file used and I assume is the same is PPPOECONF) and let it detect which card was plugged into the provider.  DONE.  I can use the IFCONFIG command and see the IP for ETH0, ETH1, and PPPO.  However, here is where I am at a lost.  You state to ' go into the database (not sure what you are talking about).  Am I to log into the PLUTO database with a browser?  You show the SQL statement to show the netowrk connections.  Not sure where this is done at.  You state to mod the ETH0 (at least on yours; will be on mine as well) to PPP0.  Again, not sure where this is done at.  Can you help me some more, please.  

Again, all help is appreciated.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: additional help please
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 11:51:34 am »
Quote from: "tomlon"
Thanks for the reply.  Now mind you, I am very green when it comes to Linux.  Thanks for the time you used to put the doc to gether.  However, I am going to need some additional help.  Per your doc I configured the netowrk cards for the internal and external address.  Done.  I used the PPOECONFIG (acutally the file used and I assume is the same is PPPOECONF) and let it detect which card was plugged into the provider.  DONE.  I can use the IFCONFIG command and see the IP for ETH0, ETH1, and PPPO.  However, here is where I am at a lost.  You state to ' go into the database (not sure what you are talking about).  Am I to log into the PLUTO database with a browser?  You show the SQL statement to show the netowrk connections.  Not sure where this is done at.  You state to mod the ETH0 (at least on yours; will be on mine as well) to PPP0.  Again, not sure where this is done at.  Can you help me some more, please.  

Again, all help is appreciated.

Will try to help more although I'm still a bit green too.

whenever I try to do anything with mysql I have two options :
- do it from command line interface : mysql
- install phpmyadmin (apt-get install phpmyadmin) and do it over web (but beware of serious security risk - since Pluto database doesn't have root password set, everyone with web access could alter your database!!!)

you go into pluto_main database, search for Device_DeviceData table and search there for data about network...

I sencerely hope that Pluto will allow this setup over web-admin, cause going this route for begginners is not convenient at all...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.