Had a look under the hood, and the images are being downloaded to an images directory in the workings of the admin website, hence wrong create permissions. Would it not be better to move this out from under here? and possibly put it with '/home/coverartscan' at least this dir has the correct permissions.
thats actually a good idea and has been a suggestion put forward to solve this little hiccup.
Really guys, i have been trying to clean this up but between having to reinstall linuxmce because i hosed my install trying to do some work, then my core melting down, and getting finding time on my days off has been a bear to say the least. Also, i realized that i did my initial development incorrectly which is what the problem with the images is at the moment. on my machine I stupidly made the directory in question writeable, which led to others who tested it having problems.
As soon as i get my web dev environment setup properly, I will knock this out. Currently trying to install eclipse on my core so can get back to it because yes, i still need an IDE to get stuff done. Feel free to take a crack at it, but i have some time off atm so im going to try and finish it up because there are lots more things i need to get to.